Welcome to the Staff Meeting
February 20, 2013
- AdCab Update - Summer Maintenance
- Crisis Plan - Tornado Drill
- SIT Meetings - Reviewing Data
- Schedule Update - Shifts for 5-6th
- The Power of Good, Traditional Lessons
- "Structure" - Lesson Objectives
Something to Take with You
- Climate Survey Comparison
- Fall to Winter
Motivation for the Day
- Double - T
TORNADO DRILL PROCEDURES
- Alarm sounds (verbal over intercom)
- Take class /current student roster & follow primary safety route (in red) to the band room.
- Direct an aide, Para, or responsible student to close the classroom door after everyone exits
- Walk calmly & silently to the predetermined safe location (band room)
- Direct class to gather closely together away from the doors to make room for all students
- Take attendance to ensure you have every student accounted for
- Instruct students to sit in a crouched position and remain quiet
- Wait for the administrator in charge to give the “all clear’ to go back to class.
The Stunning Power of Good, Traditional Lessons
- What is something you agree with or disagree with from the article?
- What would be your response if your humble principal said that it was now a requirement to write an objective everyday and have a check for understanding for each lesson based on that objective?
- advantages of structured lesson plan
- most critical components of an effective lesson
- other thoughts...
Terry Tate vs Courtney Cate - Draft Day