Little Cypress Elementary
March 2023 Newsletter
A Note from the Principal
Dear Little Cypress Elementary Families,
March is one of my favorite months of the year.
The sun starts to shine, and my family starts spending more time outside. We normally at least take a day trip to the beach on Spring Break, and I dig into a new beach read. I hope you find some time to enjoy time outside and some reading with your family this month.
Read Across America Week is the nation's largest celebration of reading and is promoted by the National Education Agency. It is celebrated the week of Dr. Seuss's birthday and encourages us to create and celebrate a nation of diverse readers. It’s a great way for us to start the month of March!
Then we have the opportunity to welcome you all to our Spring Open House on Thursday, March 9th at 5:30. It’s a come and go event until 6:30, so feel free to just stop in and say hello to your child’s teacher.
After Spring Break, we finish out the month focusing on preparing for our state assessments and starting Pre-K and Kindergarten round up for next year.
As you can see, we are working to build a culture of reading at LCE, and we encourage you to regularly talk about books with your students.
We have just two more six weeks together, and I hope we all finish out the year strong, despite how much summer is already calling our names. 😊
As always, please let me know if there is anything we can do to better serve your family.
At your service,
Amber Hawk, Principal
PRE-REGISTER FOR EASTER PARTY
This same pre-registration form will be used all year, but it needs to be filled out per event. The deadline to pre-register for LCE's Easter Party is March 31, 2023. If you pre-register, your Raptor ID sticker will be sent home with your child before the event or, at minimum, placed at the front office like "will call."
If you do not have a Raptor ID sticker on the day of these events, you will be required to go to the front office to get your ID scanned. Please expect a long line.
In order for this to work, you will need to get your ID scanned in the front office before March 31.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM BY MARCH 31, 2023.
Please contact Principal Amber Hawk at email@example.com with any questions.
TO DO LIST BEFORE MARCH 31:
1. Stop by the LCE Front Office and get your ID scanned. If you did this already this school year, you're good to go!
2. Fill out the pre-registration form.
Upcoming April 2023 Events
- 3/31/2023-4/6/2023 - Spring Book Fair
- 4/3/2023 - National Assistant Principal's Week
- 4/4/2023 - School Librarian Appreciation Day
- 4/5/2023 - Paraprofessional Appreciation Day
- 4/6/2023 - Last Day to Order LCE/LCI Yearbook
- 4/6/2023 - Easter Party
- 4/7/2023-4/10/2023 - School Holiday
- 4/11/2023 - PK and Kindergarten Round Up - 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- 4/12/2023 - PK and Kindergarten Round Up - 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- 4/14/2023 - End of 5th Grading Period
- 4/17/2023 - National Volunteer Recognition Week
- 4/24/2023 - Every Kid Healthy Week
- 4/25/2023 - 3rd Grade Reading STAAR Test
- 4/26/2023 - National Administrative Professional's Day
- 4/28/2023 - April Birthday Celebration
2022-2023 Yearbooks ON SALE NOW!
If you have any questions, please contact Samantha Arrington at 409-886-4245 ext. 5215.
Breakfast and Lunch Information
All LCM STUDENTS ARE RETURNING TO PAID BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Students may qualify for Free or Reduced priced meals. If you feel that you may qualify, please pick up an application at the front office of your school, in the cafeteria, or online at www.lcmcisd.org.
To add money to your child’s account
1. Log into your Skyward Family Access Account
2. Click on Food Service 3. Click on “Make a Payment.” This will take you to Revtrak.
4. Create a Revtrak account if you do not have one.
5. Follow the prompts to add money to your child’s account
**You may also send a check or cash to the cashier in the cafeteria before school**
Car Line Procedures
- LCE students should be dropped off between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. The tardy bells rings at 7:15 a.m. and instruction begins.
- Only 2nd and 3rd grade students can be dropped off at the front of the school in the mornings. Everyone else will need to be dropped off in the back.
- Parents with both LCI and LCE students may drop their LCE student off in the LCI car line between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. After 7:10, all LCE students are to be dropped off at the LCE campus.
- Once the back doors are closed, you will need to drive to the front of the school, park, and escort your child into the building.
- For safety reasons, please have your child ready to exit the vehicle on the passenger side.
- TURN RIGHT when exiting Meeks during drop off and pick up hours.
- For the safety of your child and others, please do not use your cell phone while in the car drop off and pick up lines.
- Please pull into the grassy area to buckle your child in.
- Students cannot be checked out through the front office after 2:30 p.m. as we are in our final transition for the day. We will ask you to join the pick up line at that point.
- SCHOOL ISSUED CAR RIDER TAG MUST BE VISIBLE IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. THIS IS A SAFETY MEASURE.
Bus Rider Information
- Students must ride the bus to their assigned drop off location (home address/licensed day care).
- All bus transportation changes must go through the Transportation Department 409-670-4601. Changes must take place before 1:30 p.m.
- Without a note, the child will follow their established routine.
- In an emergency, a phone call will be accepted but will require the student's last four digits of their social security number.
- An adult must be present at the bus stop for all PK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students to be dropped off.
A Note from Nurse Coleman
If you have any other medical questions, please click here.
The district prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal’s judgment may reasonably be expected to cause disruption or interference with normal school operations.
- Shorts and skirts should be at least mid-thigh length and be hemmed.
- Shirts should cover the midriff and have at least two (2) inch shoulder strap or sleeves. No muscle shirts or spaghetti straps.
- Pants must fit at the waist or be belted. Baggy pants and jeans with holes above the knee will not be allowed. Holes above the knee with backing are allowed as long as the backing is intact.
- All students are required to have shoes that are safe for participation in all physical education activities. Backless shoes, high-heeled shoes of any type, and flip-flops are prohibited. This is a safety issue and is in the best interest of the student. All rubber soled, laced up, closed back shoes (tennis shoes or any athletic type shoe) will be acceptable. Crocs are not allowed in PE.
Little Cypress Elementary Contacts
Orange, Texas 77632
Amber Hawk, Principal
Sommer Reynolds, Assistant Principal
Corrie Zepeda, Counselor
Misty Coleman, Nurse
Sarah St. John, Campus Curriculum Coordinator
Tessa Humble, Campus Special Programs Coordinator
Lisa Fisher, Secretary
Tammi Halliburton, Librarian
Bianca Sanchez, Registrar and Attendance Clerk
Jaclynn Wallace, Receptionist
Little Cypress Elementary
Orange, Texas 77632