Meet & Greet
Trailblazer - August 13 from 5:30-7:00 pm
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
On Monday, August 13 from 5:30-7:00 pm, Trailblazer will be hosting a meet and greet. At 5:30 pm class lists will be posted and students can head in to say hello to teachers and classmates and get a preview of the classroom.
Smokin' Joes BBQ food truck will be on site so dinner can be purchased with ease! Cost for an adult meal is approximately $10, $5 for kids meals, $5-7 for entrees and $3-5 for sides (see menu here). Bring cash with you to enjoy dinner. We will provide free ice cream for dessert.
Come meet your teacher, join PTA and enjoy community! Most school supplies are being provided for D11 students this year. There are a couple of items you can pick up prior to the first day of school, August 15 - those area backpack and a pair of headphones for your child.
Did you know you can now join PTA online? Scroll to the bottom of this message and click the link to join now! No volunteering or meetings are required, and your membership supports PTA in all they do for Trailblazer students and staff members.
We look forward to seeing you Monday.
Please join our PTA!
How has the PTA been involved at Trailblazer Elementary?
Here are the top 10 from last year:
1) Endorsed the MLO for D11 to fund teachers, technology, a new school counselor, increased access to a school nurse, and $23,000 for necessary upgrades to the Heating and Air Conditioning systems.
2) Planned events like Walk-a-thon, and Read-a-thon to promote heathy habits.
3) Improved the building by installing the Interactive Wall, Projection System in the Gymnasium, and Stage in the new Studio room.
4) Promoted school pride by marching in the Coronado Homecoming Parade.
5) Coordinated OriginalWorks to raise money for the art program and provide parents access to unique holiday gifts.
6) Supported the Teacher Appreciation Committee Holiday Coffee Cart.
7) Sponsored the charter for a Cub Scout Pack to operate from the school.
8) Raised funds to enable the PTA to make purchases for individual classrooms or bring special programs to the school.
9) Increased communication by sharing news via email for those who can’t attend meetings.
10) Coordinated fundraising opportunities such as Box Top collection and Chipotle night.
How can you help PTA today?
Join PTA online: http://mp.gg/xs4uq No meetings or volunteering required!
Encourage: Grandparents and other community supporters to sign up too.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrailblazerElemPTA/
Use Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ (.05% of your purchases will be donated)
Collect: BoxTops for Education and submit to your teacher