Manatee News 01/24/2022
Manatee Elementary School Newsletter
REMINDER-IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID, CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE!
- "Wild About Reading" - Mismatch your clothes!
- "Guess The Book" - Dress like your favorite book character!
- WalkOns Spirit Night 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- "Reading Our Way Into College" - Show pride for your favorite college!
- "Reading Adds Color to Our Lives" - Dress in your favorite...Red=Non-fiction; Blue=Fiction
- Kindergarten 100th Day Celebration
- 3rd Grade Performance 6:00 pm
- "Reading Sends Positive Messages" - Wear a shirt with a POSITIVE saying!
- Early Release 1:15 pm
Want to volunteer in our school?
ALL school volunteers & visitors must be registered with Brevard Public Schools.
To become a registered volunteer you must fill out the form following this link
https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NjE6ZW4tVVM= AND get fingerprinted at the School Board Building on Judge Fran. BLVD. At this time, the $35 fee is being temporarily waived. Get your application in ASAP!
If you have any questions feel free to contact our front office at (321)433-0050.
WALK-A-PALOOZA is coming!
It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on January 26, 2022. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (30-35 laps) at the, which will happen on February 3rd.
This year our goal is to raise money for school technology (additional laptops with carts) and curriculum enhancements (additional resources to support our new ELA curriculum such as running record kits), and we need your help! We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, SPORTS CITY WORLDWIDE! Booster’s exciting theme combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. Our students will learn five-character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
**Registration is now open! Head over to MYBOOSTER.COM and get your student registered! **
We are counting down the days until we kick off our Manatee Walk-A-Palooza, with the Big Event being on 2/3/22. Our goal is to GET EVERY FAMILY TO REGISTER FOR OUR FUNDRAISER! IT’S FREE AND EASY!
That way we can work together to raise $30,000 for new technology and additional curriculum resources! We’re excited to see our school come together in this fundraising program that will give us an extra boost of energy and much needed funds, too! Thank you for your support!
Parents are invited to volunteer on February 3rd to help mark laps as students run the track. Please sign up using the link below. **Must be a BPS approved volunteer.**
If you have any questions, please email ManateeElementary@brevardschools.org
KINDERGARTEN- It is FINALLY your turn to JOIN US FOR…
Morning Mile Guidelines
- Students will complete as many laps as they are comfortable with between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM. Each day, the number of laps completed that morning will be recorded and transferred to an accumulating database. 8 laps equal 1 mile.
- When the student reaches a total of 5 miles, he or she will receive one colorful sneaker charm. They will continue to receive one sneaker charm for each 5 miles completed.
- Parents wishing to walk/run with their child are encouraged to do so.
- The students will often be walking/running to age-appropriate songs played in the field.
- Attend as many days as you like… there is NO minimum required.
- We encourage a 7:30 AM start, but if you have time to complete one lap, you can join in anytime you arrive.
- There is NO minimum lap count required. Even the youngest students can accomplish great things a single lap at a time.
- Weather restriction: The Morning Mile will NOT take place in a thunderstorm or cold days (below 50).
- Want to get notified when Morning Mile is cancelled? Sign up for “Remind”
To join- send a text message to 81010 with the message @b4dh6h
If you are successful, you will receive a confirmation text message. You DO NOT need to download the app to receive the messages
- Contact Ms. Best if you have any questions or problems!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the PTO with questions, ideas, or if you would like to get involved. Our email address is ManateeVieraPTO@gmail.com This is a new email address
as of this school year, please update your contacts!
Next PTO Meeting - Wednesday, February 9th via zoom
Family Game Night!
The planning committee is continuing to meet and welcomes more members! Meetings are held
weekly - come to one, two, or all! Meetings are from 8:30 - 9:05 in the Media Center on Mon
1/24, Mon 1/31, Tues 2/8, Tues 2/15, and Tues 2/22.
Family Game Night will be held on Friday, March 4th from 4:30pm - 6:30pm at the school.
This will be a fun family event of gigantic proportions!
If you would like to be part of the Family Game Night committee please contact Mrs. Kuhblank
The Family Game Night Planning Committee is looking for a few large scale family
games. Games will be returned the Monday after Family Game Night. If you have
Connect Four and/or Jenga in the GIANT version and would be willing to donate them
for the event please click here.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Walk-a-Palooza - We are looking for at least 20 volunteers to help manage the students as they run laps on February 3rd. There will be multiple shifts. Students will be participating during their activity time - so come cheer your child on as they raise money for the school! To sign up for this event click here
Spring Book Fair -We will be looking for volunteers to help with this awesome event. Just as in the fall we will have multiple shifts on multiple days. This is a great way to feel connected to the school and pass on a love of reading! Stay tuned for more information on how to get involved.
ALL school volunteers & visitors must be registered with Brevard Public Schools. The only
exceptions are if you have a meeting with your child’s teacher (or administration) or you are
attending a grade-level event in the cafeteria.
To become a registered volunteer you must fill out the form at District and School Security /
Volunteers AND get fingerprinted at the School Board Building on Judge Fran. Blvd.
The $35 fee is currently waived.
Box Tops for Education is a super easy way to support the PTO and raise money for the school.
All you need to do is:
1. Grocery shop like normal
2. Download the app and
3. Scan your grocery receipts. Box Tops does the rest!
Currently, Manatee has raised $74.30 this year, let’s work together to reach our goal of $1000!