HSE21 in Action at GES
Curriculum and Instruction
CLOSE Reading Strategies for Fiction - Notice and Notice by Beers and Probst
I am looking forward to seeing so many faces on Thursday morning!
If you want to have more meaningful dialogue with your students about stories, from picture books to novels, I encourage you to implement Notice and Note into your classroom. These strategies help us to have authentic, rich conversations about text.
Upcoming follow up PD's for Notice and Note Fiction:
- Thursday, September 15 8:15-8:45 in the COMPUTER LAB - Introduction to the six signposts/strategies; anchor charts and resources will be shared along with a Prezi as a starting point
- Thursday, September 22th 8:15-8:45 in the Media Center - Mentor text and the signposts - starting to notice...and note in a variety of texts and then confer with teachers and peers
- Thursday, September 29th 8:15-8:45 in the Media Center - Notice and Note IS inquiry in our reading and writing workshops
Non Fiction allows us to learn more; Fiction allows us to be more.",Klyene Beers.
Digital Resources Access Guide by Grade Level
Fountas & Pinnell
Let's have F&P data entered by September 30th, please. See me or Mrs. Rich with questions or concerns.
- Monday's Staff Meeting: Notice and Note NON Fiction Dialogue and Amplify
- Bulletin Board Make overs with Purpose, Process, and Product
- DIGITAL AIMSWEB REFRESHER
- LLI INFO
- Reading Non Fiction Beers & Probst Book Study