January 25, 2021
Dear King Families
Below is a link to the most recent Return to School Update from January 22nd for your reference. The return to school is just around the corner and we have been working hard to prepare for the big day.
All staff will be returning to the building on February 1st and will be teaching remotely from their classrooms while awaiting the return of their students. In order to provide them with the time they need to set up their learning spaces, 2/1 and 2/2 will be Asynchronous Days. Teachers will share the content for the day with you prior to February 1st. However, we do ask that your children log into their GoogleMeets at 8:50 both mornings so that their teachers may take attendance and explain the expectations for their independent assignments.
This week's King Connections includes:
- Return to School Update from 1/22
- Family Workshop Series for King Families
- Roary's PAWSitive News
- Sweet Pea Yoga
- The Karen Dempsey Scholarship
- PTO Update- Form to submit with questions and other links.
- January's Character Education Theme: ACCEPTANCE
- Christa McAuliffe Charter School Info for 5th grade families
- Grab and Go Food Distribution
- Link to Massachusetts Travel Updates During Covid
- Dates to Remember
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
FAMILY WORKSHOP SERIES!!
A Wonderful Opportunity Just For King Families!
Sweet Pea Yoga is Back!
The King PTO is excited to announce a collaboration with Sweet Pea Yoga to offer 6 virtual sessions of family yoga to the King community!
Here are the dates:
- Sunday, January 31st 4:00pm – 4:50pm (wear your pajamas!!)
- Saturday, February 13th 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Sunday, February 28th 10:00am – 10:50am (wear your pajamas!!)
- Saturday, March 13th 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Sunday, March 28th 10:00am – 10:50am
- Saturday, April 10th 10:00am – 10:50am
Visit https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/2021yoga to find all the details and registration link through Zoom. Please make sure to review all of the information prior to registering.
Please use this form to submit questions to the PTO regarding the current financial situation. We will do our best to answer all the questions in a timely manner.
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails firstname.lastname@example.org
January's Character Education Theme of the Month is ACCEPTANCE
Definition: Respecting the differences of other people
“I” Statement:I will accept others for who they are.
What does it feel like to be accepted?
- At home
- In your classroom
- In your community
Why can accepting others be hard sometimes?
What steps can I take to make sure that my words and actions respect everyone’s differences?
Some Book Titles about ACCEPTANCE: Click on the titles for the audio versions!
- Same Same But Different: Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- It’s Ok to be Different: Todd Parr- (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- Whoever You Are: Mem Fox (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- I am Enough: Grace Byers (Spanish)
- Lovely: Jess Hong (Spanish & English)
- Mixed: A Colorful Story: Arree Chung (Spanish)
- The World’s Family: Miranda Paul
- All My Stipes: Shaina Rudolph and Danielle Royer
- The Name Jar: Yangsook Choi
- The World Needs More Purple People: Kristen Bell & Benjamin Hart
- A Boy and a Jaguar: Alan Rabinowitz
- Since We’re Friends: An Autism Picture Book: Celeste Shally
- Jacob’s New Dress: Ian & Sarah Hoffman
- Red: A Crayon’s Story: Michael Hall
The information found in this link is for current FIFTH GRADE families.
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students who are learning remotely are dismissed at 12:00pm. Students who are learning in-person are dismissed at 12:55pm. Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.