NECCS Kindergarten News
We will be learning that super readers have the power to retell!
Encourage scholars to tell you about what they have read in their own words!
New Snap Word(s): here, is, this
Snap Words to review: a, me, the, I, like, my, at, look, see
Work with scholars on being able to read these words quickly!
Snap words are not meant to be sounded out...students need to know them on sight!
We are learning to be story tellers and tell true stories!
We are learning about weight and comparing objects to discover which is heavier and which is lighter or if objects weigh the same. We are also measuring weight using a balancing scale.
As we move forward through the month, we will begin measuring volume and comparing containers to see which holds more and which holds less.
We are learning about school.
We are discussing things that happen where we go to school, things that happen in schools around the world, and are having discussions to compare and contrast what we notice.
Websites to Check Out!
Important Dates To Know!
Monday, January 4th - School resumes - Welcome Back!
Monday, January 18th - No school, MLK, JR. Day
Reminders & Announcements!
- Please remember that it is so important to read with your scholar as often as possible at home! Our recommendation is at least 20 minutes per night :)
- School starts at 9:00 every morning, and your scholars greatly benefit when they are on time!
- Scholars are to go to all whole group and their small group sessions every day!
- Be sure to check ClassDojo & Google Classroom as often as possible for updated information!
- Remember we are following our new schedule...
Our Kindergarten Schedule
9:00 - 9:20
9:25 - 9:55
10:00 - 10:30
Day A - Whole Group ELA
Day B - Whole Group Math
10:35 - 11:05
Day A - Small Group ELA
Day B - Small Group Math
11:10 - 11:40
Sci / SS/ Writing
1:10 - 1:40
Day A- Whole Group Math
Day B - Whole Group ELA
1:45 - 2:15
Day A - Small Group Math
Day B - Small Group ELA
2:20 - 2:50
2:55 - 3:10
Ms. Bailey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Acquah-Amissah - email@example.com
Ms. De LaCruz - firstname.lastname@example.org