Austin High School
Black Bear News -- Sept. 18, 2022
AHS teams performed great last week. Our Volleyball teams beat Decatur, our football team beat Albertville and our Band performed outstanding at the Brewer Night of Bands! Go Bears!
This newsletter contains important information about Senior Financial Aid Night and Picture Day this week. There is also information about signing up for before/after school tutoring!
Our Football team plays Gardendale @ Home @ 7:00 p.m. We need a huge crowd to come out to support our Football team, Band, Dance Team and Cheerleaders! Also, we are having a Pep Rally on Friday and the Dress up the theme is "Rock the Rockets" (Rock and Roll)
As always, if you have a question or a concern please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. #PositivityMatters
Have a great day!
Picture Day is Sept. 22 and 23
- Picture day for all students will be September 22nd & 23rd! For Sophomores and Juniors, these are their yearbook photos! Seniors, these are their student ID photos.
- Students will take their photo during their history class. Students who do not have a history class or who are taking Edmentum/Dual Enrollment history will have an alternate time communicated to them.
- Make-up Picture Day is Nov. 8.
Financial Aid for College Night on Tuesday, Sept. 20 @ AHS Auditorium
- Senior Parents... Take advantage of this special information session to learn more about college financial aid options for your student!
- It will be on Tuesday, September 20th, @ 5:30pm in the Austin High School auditorium. Students will also be able to create their FSA ID on-site.
Senior Portraits for Yearbook!
Attention Seniors -- Don't forget - you need to get your senior portraits made to be in the yearbook and to be used at the senior extravaganza (Awards Day) in the spring!
You have two (2) options for getting your senior portraits done:
- Make an appointment at the Prestige Portrait Studio (PREFERRED): Follow the directions in the attached image to schedule an appointment at the Prestige Portrait Studio in Huntsville. The portraits will be automatically sent to us when you choose the one you want.
- Take your portraits when Prestige comes to AHS in January: The slots for senior makeup pictures at AHS will be first come, first served, but if needed, you will be able to sign up for a senior portrait to be taken in the auditorium. Signups will happen in DECEMBER, not now. ***If you are able to take your portrait at Prestige's studio, please do so and leave the slots at AHS for students who are not able to go to Huntsville for their portraits.***
- Once you take your portrait, you must log into the Prestige Portal and choose which portrait you want in the yearbook. The portrait you choose MUST be one of the formal photos in the tux or drape. The deadline to choose your senior portrait for the yearbook is March 1, 2023.
- Need help scheduling a portrait or choosing your portrait for the yearbook? Visit this site: https://prestigeportraits.com/prestige-portraits-frequently-asked-questions/
- The attire for your senior portraits is provided. Male students should wear a collar-less shirt and female students should wear a sleeveless dress or shirt that they are able to pull the straps down to their shoulders. You will wear the provided tux (males) or the drape (females) on top of that.
Contact Mrs. Kellough (Courtney.email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Indoor Track Tryouts
- INDOOR Track Tryouts will be held September 19 through September 21 for all athletes that are not competing in a fall sport.
- Interested athletes must have an updated physical uploaded onto dragonfly. No physical = No tryout. Please scan the QR code outside of Coach Pears door (A208) to complete the track interest questionnaire. For more information, please contact Coach Pears Bruce.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auburn First Dual Enrollment
- The Auburn First dual enrollment spring application is open and will close on October 15th. Please apply at http://aub.ie/auburnfirst if you are interested.
- Do you want to help the community or need service hours? The Volunteer Center of Morgan County has numerous opportunities available at https://vcomc.org/.
AHS Homecoming Dance
- The AHS Homecoming Dance 2022 will be on Sat. Oct. 1 in the AHS Cafeteria from 7:30 p.m. - 10:30p.m.
- The AHS homecoming dance is only for AHS/AJHS 9th - 12th Grade students. No outside guests. Admission will be $10.00.
- Tickets must be bought at the school and No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Additional information and details will be sent out later.
After opening the link, you will need to click on "Apply for Meals Today"
Sept. 19 - JV/V Volleyball @ Lee @ 4:00 p.m.
Sept. 22 - JV/V Volleyball @ Bob Jones @ 4:00 p.m.
Sept. 23 - Football vs. Gardendale @ Home @ 7:00 p.m.
Dress-up theme “Rock the Rockets” (Rock and Roll Theme).
We are having a Pep Rally @ 3:05!!
- Sept. 24 - Cross Country @ Black and Gold Classic @ Scottsboro
- Sept. 24 - Pride of the Valley Marching Competition @ Pinson Valley
Click on this link to view all sporting events for the Austin Feeder Pattern