By : Brea Delbert
Does this career go with your personal interest?
Yes, I want to be able to help others dealing with mental issues anywhere from depression to schizophrenia. I also want to show people how to cope with their illness, and live a normal life.
Top colleges for psychiatry
Salary range & employment outloook
- The average salary for a psychiatrist in North Carolina is $253,744
- The job outlook is expected to increase by 24% by 2020
- Around 20% of the worlds population have some type of mental illness.
- Mental substance use disorders are the leading cause of disabilities worldwide.
- Mental disorders are important risk factors for other diseases.
- Mental illnesses are more common than cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Contrary to belief, 67% of people with a mental illness live a normal life.
Would i change my career choice now?
No, i wouldn't change my choice at all. In fact, learning about psychiatrists has only made me want to become one even more.
A Day in the Life - Psychiatrist