Mrs. Barry - Art
Kindergarten through 11th Grade
WELCOME TO A NEW CREATIVE SCHOOL YEAR!
K-5 F2F Art: Week of Sept 30 - Bring your portfolio with any completed work!
6-11 F2F Art: Week of Oct 7 - Bring your portfolio with any completed work!
Portfolios will be returned the following week after artwork has been graded and photographed for learner's digital portfolio.
K-11 ART GETTING STARTED - ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- I cannot adjust the notifications or pacing in K12 for K-5 - ignore their pacing and go by the pacing guide.
- Learners only need to complete assigned lessons.
- K-5 any lessons marked skipped - SKIP.
- Face to face art counts as a K12 lesson marked in K12 by Mrs. Barry.
- K-8 PM learners will be doing the same art activity as the AM learners just with their regular learning facilitators since I am at my other school in the afternoons.
- All lessons not on a face to face week are learning coach taught or for 6-11 learner responsibility and those projects still need to be completed and turned in.
- If the assigned lesson has a project, "Explore" or a studio lesson - the project should be made and turned in.
- If you do not have all the supplies K12 recommends substitutions are FINE. Work with what you have. You can also contact me, I have supplies to share in some instances.New students do not need to start all the way at the beginning of the year or the semester. Please begin on the pacing guide the week after you enrolled.
- I am here to support you! Let me know what you need!
Open Art Sign Ups
Open art is an optional additional resource art time. It is available by sign up weekly on Thursday mornings and Tuesday/Wednesday mornings only the third week of each month.
- It is a time when learners can come on a non-regular day/time to work on assigned art lessons that would normally be LC taught or learner directed at OVS with me.
- They are 2 hour time frames. Learners can but do not have to come for the entire time. Please just let me know.
- Location: Open art is on the K-5 side of OVS please bring your learner to the 4th floor main OVS desk.
- Sign ups will be sent out in advance through Sign Up genius. Sign up in advance is required so I can have materials and plans prepared.
SIGN UPS FOR ALL OPEN ART TIMES FOR 1ST SEMESTER ARE AVAILABLE NOW
Click buttons below for sign ups.
Is your middle or high school learner interested in art club?
Please let me know if your learner would be interested in art club that would meet monthly the 4th week of the month on Tuesday and/or Wednesday mornings.
We are still figuring out logistics but it would be helpful to have an idea of how many learners are interested.
Click button below to express interest.
(Showing interest does not mean you have committed to anything.)
Mrs. Shannon Barry
- Omaha Virtual School 8:35 am - 12:15 pm
- Lothrop Magnet Elementary 12:30 pm - 4:25 pm