Mrs. Barry - Art
Kindergarten through 11th Grade
Next week: MS/HS Art Club!!
Who: Any OVS middle or high school student that is interested - do not have to be enrolled in art to join
What: Art Club
When: First Meetings- Tuesday, October 22nd from 9:15-11:15 AM or Wednesday, October 23rd from 9:15-11:15 AM **choose 1 time that is not during your regular OVS face to face time
Where: Art area on K-5 side of OVS. Pick up and Drop off is outside the 4th Floor Elevators
Parent Teacher Conferences
If anyone would like to meet with me, I will be at OVS Parent Teacher Conferences Wednesday, October 23rd from 4:30-8:30pm and on Thursday, October 24th from 1-2:20pm.
K-5 Art Club Coming Soon!
Due to many requests, a K-5 art club will be coming 2nd Semester. Tentatively on the 4th Thursday of the month from 10-12pm.
Click the button below if your K-5 learner is interested in participating in art club.
Open Art Sign Ups
Open art is an optional additional resource art time. It is available by sign up weekly on Thursday mornings and Tuesday/Wednesday mornings only the third week of each month.
- It is a time when learners can come on a non-regular day/time to work on assigned art lessons that would normally be LC taught or learner directed at OVS with me.
- They are 2 hour time frames. Learners can but do not have to come for the entire time. Please just let me know.
- Location: Open art is on the K-5 side of OVS
- Pickup and Drop Off for Open Art for ALL AGES is in front of the 4th floor elevators on the K-5 side
- If learners will be testing, attend PIT/ISL, Science Labs or a club and will be coming late/leaving early- please let me know ahead of time
- Sign ups will be sent out in advance through Sign Up genius. Sign up in advance is required so I can have materials and plans prepared.
SIGN UPS FOR ALL OPEN ART TIMES FOR 1ST SEMESTER ARE AVAILABLE NOW
Click buttons below for sign ups.
K-11 ART GETTING STARTED - ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- I cannot adjust the notifications or pacing in K12 for K-5 - ignore their pacing and go by the pacing guide.
- Learners only need to complete assigned lessons.
- K-5 any lessons marked skipped - SKIP.
- Face to face art counts as a K12 lesson marked in K12 by Mrs. Barry.
- K-8 PM learners will be doing the same art activity as the AM learners just with their regular learning facilitators since I am at my other school in the afternoons.
- All lessons not on a face to face week are learning coach taught or for 6-11 learner responsibility and those projects still need to be completed and turned in.
- If the assigned lesson has a project, "Explore" or a studio lesson - the project should be made and turned in.
- If you do not have all the supplies K12 recommends substitutions are FINE. Work with what you have. You can also contact me, I have supplies to share in some instances.New students do not need to start all the way at the beginning of the year or the semester. Please begin on the pacing guide the week after you enrolled.
- I am here to support you! Let me know what you need!
Mrs. Shannon Barry
- Omaha Virtual School 8:35 am - 12:15 pm
- Lothrop Magnet Elementary 12:30 pm - 4:25 pm