November 4, 2021
¿Necesita traducción? Haga clic en el enlace "Traducir Newsletter" a la derecha (cuando haya iniciado sesión en una computadora) para seleccionar su idioma. Para traducir desde su dispositivo móvil, haga clic en el icono de la persona y seleccione su idioma.
Cần dịch? Nhấp vào liên kết "Dịch Bản tin" ở bên phải (khi đăng nhập vào máy tính) để chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn. Để dịch từ thiết bị di động của bạn, hãy nhấp vào biểu tượng hình người và chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn.
Нужен перевод? Щелкните ссылку «Перевести информационный бюллетень» справа (при входе в систему на компьютере), чтобы выбрать свой язык. Чтобы перевести с мобильного устройства, щелкните значок человека и выберите свой язык.
- 4th - Principal Chat, 5:00 TONIGHT
- 5th - OSHU COVID Tests go home
- 6th - Free Book Giveaway *
- 8th - COVID Tests Returned
- 9th - National Microtia Awareness Day *
- 11th - Veteran's Day, Schools Closed
- 12th - Grading Day, No School
- 22-26 - Schools Closed
- 30th - PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm
* See detailed information below
Change In School Calendar
The Beaverton School District has made an adjustment to the school calendar in November. Please make these changes on your calendar for the week of November 22 -29:
- Monday, November 22: No school for students; professional development day for licensed staff; work day for classified staff (Previously, this day was an instructional day.)
- Tuesday, November 23: No school for students or staff (Previously, this day was an instructional day.)
- Wednesday, November 24-Friday, November 26: No school
- Monday, November 29: Regular school day for students and staff; A/Odd Day (Previously, this day was a no student/staff professional day.)
The result of the calendar change is one less instructional day in favor of a Wellness Day for our students and staff. While this change may pose a challenge for some, I hope that you will agree that a focus on wellness is needed at this time.
National Microtia Awareness Day, November 9th
More Information on Mictrotia
Wear Baby Blue - Tuesday, November 9th
OHSU COVID-19 Screening
- Please administer the test on Monday morning before having breakfast or brushing teeth.
- Please affix one label to the vial and one label to the biohazard bag.
- Please ensure the student's name and birthdate are easily visible.*Send the test-kit back on Monday morning with your student. Test-kits that arrive late (after 9:00am), unfortunately, must be thrown out.
Links to instructions:
Free Book Giveaway
Bethany Elementary’s Green Team is proud to host our Annual Free Book Giveaway! Please join us this Saturday 11/6/21 from 9am-12pm. All books have been donated from the Bethany Library, thanks to Amy Frewing, and are completely free. APPLAUSE!
We will have the books laid out behind the school in the covered area. Remember to wear your mask and bring a bag to carry your new books home.
This is a community event so if you have someone that does not attend Bethany they are welcome to come. Hope to see everyone on Saturday.
-Thank you from the Green Team
Minutes Read to date: 5200 Minutes
Cumulative School Goal: 100,000 minutes
Add a Leaf To The Tree
We have this tree in our Library, and want to fill it with leaves.
How Do You Add A Leaf?
- Kindergarten - 2nd grade: When they read 100 minutes they can ask their teacher for a leaf. They put their name on the leaf and it is placed on the tree.
- 3rd - 5th grader: When they read 200 minutes they can ask their teacher for a leaf. They put their name on the leaf and it is placed on the tree.
10/29 – 11/28 Students ask family and friends to sponsor them during the Read-A-Thon.
10/29 – 11/27 Read, Read, Read and Record your minutes!
11/28 Students collect donations.
11/29 Students turn in any cash or check donation envelopes.
12/6 - 12/10 Prizes are distributed.
All Reading Outside of School Counts!
● Homework reading counts!
● Reading-to-self counts!
● Getting read to by someone else counts!
● Reading aloud to other people counts. If you happen to read to someone who is also participating in the Read-A-Thon, it counts for both of you!
Attention 5th Grade Parents
Option School/Program Application Process
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now available.
Students may only select one Learning Option school on their application. They should give careful consideration to their choice of school. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
The following are the option schools/programs available:
- Arts and Communication Magnet Academy (ACMA)
- Beaverton Academy of Science and Engineering (BASE)
- International School of Beaverton (ISB)
- Rachel Carson Program of Environmental Science at Cedar Park Middle School
Do you want more information on each Option School: BSD Learning Options
Applications must be received online or in the Learning Options office no later than Friday, December 10 at 4:00 p.m. Visit the Learning Options webpage for more information.
Thank you to the generous donation of furniture from Nike and the incredible dedication of Mrs. Frewing, the library has undergone a transformation. It is still a work in progress, but we thought you might enjoy seeing how it looks so far.
From Mrs. Frewing:
I also owe a huge thank you to the Book Fair Crew and the Green Team who have taken a huge load off my shoulders so that I can work on making the Library more accessible to all our readers. Read-a-thon has circulation way up - our kids are so awesome!
A Space for Early Readers
Bright colors, lower shelves, and fun displays adorn this area of the library.
A beautiful meeting space for instruction, book talks, and other library related discussions.
"Big Kid" Seating
A very cool lounge-feel for students to read.
********** PTO Updates **********
Haunted Hallway Kudos
Thank you Bethany families for making the Haunted Hallway last weekend a big success.
We would like to thank the following parents who were on the event planning group.
- Benita Yost
- Natalie Noyes
- Allison Acton
- Sam Yaws
- Julia Eggers
- Shella Nuno
- Kelly Slee
We also could not have done it without the 5th grade parents who either volunteered their time or provided raffle items.
November PTO Meeting
Roadside Clean-up and Garden Winterization
Saturday, November 13th
Please join the BSPTO Green Team for an adopt-a-road clean up event on NW 174th Ave
Contact email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
If you are interested in helping to winterize the garden, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to sign up
Volunteers of the Month
Volunteers of the Month of October: Bintu Foday and Benita Yost
Thank you to Benita and Bintu for organizing the collection of snacks for the Bethany staff room. Their efforts in showing our support and appreciation for the staff and teachers at Bethany are greatly appreciated. Watch for other opportunities to contribute to show our teachers how much they mean to us and our children. Thank you again Benita and Bintu for leading our BSPTO Staff Appreciation team. Together, WE ARE BETHANY
* * * * * * Reminders & Repeats * * * * * *
Help Us Purchase School Supplies
Here are the instructions to follow, once you are in the system:
- Click on your student’s name
- Click on school Items
- Click on the correct grade
- Click on school supplies
If your child is presenting with any of the following primary COVID symptoms, a staff member will accompany your child to the school isolation room:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- a New Loss of taste or smell
Students with primary COVID symptoms, will need to have proof of a negative COVID test, or a Doctor's note, or quarantine for 10 days to return to school.