Abigail Tanis/ Louis Lowry
Main Character- Jonas
Jonas is a regular male member of the twelves who gets chosen as the receiver of memory in the ceremony of the twelves. He faces isolation, pain, comfort, love, and sadness as the Giver passes on the memories. To add on to his list of problems, he discovers what release is (which is the killing of people). He decides to spread memories to everyone.
- Jonas is...Nice- Because he tries to spread his happy memories to everyone
- Caring- He thinks that everyone deserves to have the memories he as
- Daring/ Brave- Because he wants to break the boundary where all memories all controlled
- Tough- survived a great dealing of hunger, lack of warmth, and thirst.
Fiona is one of Jonas's friends in the book, she is also a nurturer for the old. Also has red hair that Jonas begins to notice.
The Giver is Jonas's trainer and was former (receiver of memory)
She is the leader of all the elders who watches over suspicious activity that could break the rules.
- Outgoing- Open to new things, (The time they slid down Asher's work place.)
- Loving- Takes care of the old.
- Wise- Since he knows all, and contains all the memories
- secretive- Hides the maps passed the boundary from Jonas at first.
- Caring- Does not want to give some of the bad memories he has to Jonas.
- Stubborn- Does not listen to the giver when he tries to explain love to her.
- Cautious- Spies on Jonas to make sure he isn't doing anything bad.
- Heartless- Doesn't want anyone to get memories, she tries to stop Jonas by getting rid of him.