Fire Prevention Officer
Certificate of Achievement (Transcripted)
Program of Study
Program Learning Outcomes for Fire Prevention Certificate of Achievement
Upon successful completion of the Fire Prevention Program students will:
- Analyze, evaluate, and develop mitigation plans for emergency and hazardous conditions that are inherent to Fire Prevention.
- Perform skills that meet National Fire Protection Association Standard 1031 for Fire Inspector, California State Fire Marshal Standards for Fire Inspector and International Code Council- Fire Inspector I
This certificate program meets the requirements of the California State Board of Fire Services Certified Firefighter I and college or university preparation.
Coursework must be completed sequentially
- FTC 101 Fire Protection Organization 3
- FTC 102 Fire Behavior and Combustion 3
- FTC 104 Fire Prevention Technology 3*
- FTC 105 Building Construction for Fire Protection 3*
- FTC 106 Fire Protection Equipment and Systems 3*
- FOT 026 Fire Inspector 1A 1.5* **
- FOT 027 Fire Inspector 1B: Introduction to Fire and Life Safety 1.5* **
- FOT 028 Fire Inspector 1C: Field Inspection 1.5* **
- FOT 029 Fire Inspector 1D: Field Inspector 1* **
Total Units 20.5
*Restricted enrollment. Course pre-requisites must be met
** Additional fees required by California State Fire and Education System for course completion certificates.
Santa Ana College Fire Technology Program
We are located in the Caesar Chavez Building- Room A-113