Burlingame Intermediate School
Friday, November 4, 2022
Dear BIS Family & Friends,
November is full of many special days. Next Friday is Veteran's Day. Veteran's Day is celebrated on the anniversary of the end of World War I to honor US veterans and victims of all wars. This holiday is a celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good of our country. Take some time to thank a veteran for all the freedoms we have today!
It was a fun week at BIS! Our students have so much SPIRIT!
Thank you for sharing your children with us.
Did you know today is National Candy Day? I know our students worked hard to collect candy on Monday night, however the candy wrappers left on the ground at school is getting out of hand. Students need to take care of their own trash at school.
Our Motto is:
Take Care of yourself,
Take care of each other
Take care of this place!
We all need to take responsibility for keeping our school clean and clear of litter.
Thanks for your help!
Identifications Cards (IDs)- Students should have their student ID everyday.
Please have your child carry their BIS ID Card with them. Your student needs the card for library, lunch, and other school related activities. Please share with your student(s) that they will need their ID card daily at school.
Generations School Photography
It's not too late to order Fall Pictures from Generations School Photography! In an effort to make your Holiday season a little easier, Generations School Photography would like to provide all families with a 10% off coupon code on portrait purchases. The 10% coupon code expires on 1/1/2023.
Coupon Code: 10OFF22!
Ordering Link: https://vando.imagequix.com/K9EXQ9Q
Find Your Online Code: https://www.generationsschoolphotography.com/online
Questions? Please contact Generations at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Slides At School
Shoes like this are not safe to wear at school. Please talk to your child(ren) about wearing appropriate shoes to school.
Follow our New Instagram Page @bis_trojanpride
No Slides At School
Lunch Menus and Lunch Applications for 2022-23
What's on the menu next week? Go to this Link.Please fill out the Lunch Application for 2022-23
The application is in English and Spanish: Lunch Application Link
Once the form is filled out and turned into the BIS School Office, you will be eligible for a SamTrans Bus Pass (while supplies last) and many other county perks.
More than one student in the district? Only one application per family. Be sure to list all children on the same application.
Questions? Email Don at email@example.com
Transitioning to High School Begins...Class of 2027
The San Mateo High School District has shared the information nights with us for all 6-high schools in the district. Each school offers unique advantages.
Be sure to mark your calendars for the schools you are interested in hearing about.
The meetings will include Highlights:
- Learn about academic programs, and extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Meet the staff who will help to guide your soon-to-be 9th Grader.
- Learn important pre-enrollment and registration dates.
- Each school will have a unique and informative evening planned for you.
San Mateo Union High School District (SMUHSD) Enrollment
Priority Enrollment (P1) is just around the corner! P1 will be from Nov 7, 2022 - Feb 10, 2023. Here are the documents and tutorials to assist you with the enrollment process (ie: tutorial videos, flyers, slides, pamphlets, etc.). All items are available in 3 languages (English, Spanish, Chinese). Families can complete the entire process electronically, appts are NOT necessary unless they are missing documents or need assistance with completing the enrollment.
Please note: The form will be available on our District website starting Nov 7. The Intra District Transfer/Sibling Transfer form will also be available starting Nov 7.
Families can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions.
Mark Your Calendars
- Sat., November 5: BCE Fundraising Gala
- Sun., November 6: Daylight Saving Time Ends
- Tues., November 8: BIS and Mid-term Election Day - Don't forget to VOTE!
- Tues., November 8: BSD Board Meeting 6:00 pm
- Fri., November 11: Veterans Day - No School
- SPIRIT WEEK November 14 to 18th
- Weds., November 16: Staff vs. 8th Girls Volleyball 3:15pm
- Thurs., November 17: PTA Meeting 7:00pm LIVE
- Fri., November 18: End of Trimester 1
- November 21 - 25: Thanksgiving Week - No School
- Weds., November 30: BIS Jazz Concert- BIS Auditorium 6:30pm
- December 2: Report Cards Mailed Home
- Tues., December 13: BSD Board Meeting 6:00 pm
- Weds., December 14: Choir Concert - BIS Auditorium 6:30pm
- Thurs., December 15: BIS Band Concert - BIS Auditorium 6:30pm
- Fri., December 16: Community Celebration & Student Dance for BIS' National Blue Ribbon Award Time/Location TBD 6:30-9:00pm
- SPIRIT WEEK December 19-22
- WINTER Break December 23 through January 8
- School Opens Mon., January 9th
- Mon., January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday - No School