Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 2/5/2021
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
Powerful Teaching and Learning
District Culture and Climate
- This week was School Counselor Appreciation Week. I want to thank our team of counselors for the great work they do every day!
- Wednesday’s Supt’s on with Staff virtual meeting started with a link hiccup but ended well attended. A recurring meeting invitation was sent to Official District News email. This should allow the recurring meeting link to be available to you in your personal Google calendar. It is also set up to send a notification and an email 30 minutes prior to the meeting. Staff and I discussed vaccines, upcoming funding opportunities from the Federal Government, Credit Waivers, and the thinking on if we will give the SBAC or not.
College, Career, Life Readiness
The graph below compares the number of dual credit opportunities that Tonasket students take compared to the rest of our region. Dual credit are classes were a student can earn both high school and college credit in the same class. It does not include Running Start.
Parent and Community Engagement
- Wednesday’s Supt’s on virtual community meeting had a guest speaker, Shay O'Connor from Chartwells. Shay directs our food service program and was at the meeting to answer questions about our food service program and to especially focus on the reasons for our current program. I loved one quote from a current student, “Big thanks for all the kitchen staff! If it weren't for your hard work we would all be hangryyy!"
- Next Tuesday, there is a virtual Ask the AD meeting from 6 to 7 pm. The meeting is open to athletes, parents, and community members. There will be a short THS Athletics presentation followed by a Q & A session. An event has also been created on our Facebook page that you can access the meeting through. Zoom link:
- The HS had 33 students with no missing assignments for the entire first semester.
- Enrollment for February is 1,060.43. We are up a few students but continue to stay consistent.
COVID Data Dashboard - Data for February 1 - February 5
- Positive COVID cases in our school community since starting school - 28
- New members of our school community (students and/or staff) reporting as a new positive - 0
- New Cohorts required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Classrooms required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Grade levels required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Schools required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- Staff with at least first vaccine - 56