By: Garrett Briggs
2. Ernest Hemingway stole a urinal from a bar.
3. Ernest Hemingway published many recipes in his column. Some of which are in museums today.
4. In the 1940s, Ernest worked with the Soviets. He was then spied on for the later part of his life.
5. After WWII, he was accused of war crimes. He was not convicted.
6. Hemingway owned a 6 toed cat.
7. He lived through diabetes, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, hepatitis, a ruptured spleen, a fractured skull, and a crushed vertebrae.
8. For many years Ernest's death was called "accidental." His wife then released that his death was indeed self-inflicted.
9. There is a tale saying that Hemingway bet other authors he could write a short story in six words. He wrote: "For Sale: baby shoes. Never worn" and won the bet.
10. Hemingway was known to use a machine gun on sharks to stop them from eating his fish.
11. There's a Hemingway look-alike society that hosts yearly contests.
12. In 1938, Ernest made a record by catching 7 marlins in one day. The most in one day!
13. Ernest's mother often dressed him and his sister in pink dresses to fulfill her dream of having twin girls.
14. In two days Ernest survived two plane crashes. The next day he read his obituary in a newspaper. A few days later, he was injured in a fire.
15. Ernest's mother strongly disliked his first book saying he wasn't using his talents to his up-most potential.
16. Actor Orson Welles and Ernest became great friends after getting into a fist fight at a theater.
17. Ernest's brother found a small nation off of the coast of Jamaica. It consisted of 7 citizens and a rowboat.
18. Hemingway's wife lost a suitcase in a train station. The suitcase contained every piece of writing he wrote. He basically had to start over from scratch.
19. It is said that Hemingway once slept with a bear.
20. According to Ernest, his eyelids were very thin causing him to wake up early in the morning.