Six Traits of Writing
Effective writing has a clear beginning, middle, ending. The overall writing is well organized and easy to follow.
- Topic sentence (Green).
- Main ideas with transition (Yellow).
- Details /tell me more (Red).
- Conclusion (Green).
Effective writing flows smoothly from one sentence to the next. Sentence vary in length and begin in a variety of ways.
- Combine short, choppy sentence into longer, smother ones.
- Use simple, compound, and complex sentences.
The Art of 6 Trait Writing
The Writing Process
Jot down note and your ideas.
Over look your work.
Make corrections to you work.
- Core 4 topic sentences (Green)
- Main ideas (Yellow)
- Details/Tell me more (Red)
- Conclusion Sentence (Green)