MCS Technology Newsletter
Be In The Know
EVERFI, Education for the Real World - Equip students with critical skills like financial literacy, summer learning, STEM exploration, career success, citizenship and diversity for success beyond the classroom.
EVERFI links with Clever and offers 19 courses for your students. Take advantage!
Don't be a victim of phishing - If you receive a sketchy email or unfamiliar message, DON'T open it. If in doubt, throw it out!
Coming this Month
- District Recycling May 20
- Windows 10 Conversion - We're updating all computers that are running Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Phone Project Completion
- End of Year Classroom Device Cleanup
- New Chromebook Inventory System
How to Prepare:
- Back up Files using Google File Stream (Google Drive)
- Get Rid of files you no longer need to free up space.
- Familiarize yourself with Windows 10.
It is important to get in the habit of organizing your files. Here’s what we recommend:
· Delete files you do not need.
· Clear out your downloads folder.
· Delete unwanted emails.
· Keep your Google Drive organized by using folders.
· Untangle cables and dusting hardware.
Doing these things can help your computer process data faster. Migrating all of your files to Google File Stream will allow the Windows 10 conversion to flow fast and smoothly while preventing you from losing or misplacing any information you could need in the future.
Organizing cables and cleaning dust from hardware will improve the life of your technology devices.
Please be sure to properly dispose of all technology. The U.S. Evironmental Protection Agency (EPA) has specific guidelines for computer disposal. Simply throwing your old computer or computer parts into the trash is not only wasteful, but it can be quite damaging to the environment. This is why computer and laptop recycling is so important.
May recycling is Monday, May 20, 2019. Please bring items to the Morgan County Transportation Department. To the right inside of the gate are pallets and a bin for your computers and smaller items. Please DO NOT leave items in front of the Technology Office door or anywhere else besides on the pallets and inside of the bin provided.