Shearer Hills Student Ministry
What's Happening This Week
- 01/07/2015 - insideOUT from 6:30 to 7:45 in Youth Room
- 01/11/2-15 - Sunday Bible Study at 9:45pm and World Religions Study at 5:30pm
Explore the Bible - January 4th
Ezra 3:1-7, 10-11; and 6:21-22
Sunday morning we started a two-part series in Ezra.
After Israel's united kingdom splits up and the Assyrians and Babylonians conquer Israel and Judah, the nation of Israel is scattered across the land and Jerusalem becomes a dangerous rundown city.
The book of Ezra shows two of the three waves of people coming back to Jerusalem to restore The Ark and the Temple.
This week we focused on the restoration of the temple and worship with the central theme being, "Worship must be an established practice in the Christian life."
Here are some great follow up questions to Sunday's lesson:
- Why do you think worship is an essential part of the Christian life?
- Is worship part of your daily life? Why or why not?
- What is the source and motivation for your worship?
- Are there things that distract you from worshiping God? What do you need to do to make worship your top priority?
Disciple Now - January 16th to 18th
Disciple Now will be here before we know it! This year's theme is "Countercultural," and we'll explore what it means to be set apart for God's glory while being impactful to a world that needs to know Christ.
Come work with homeless children in San Antonio.
January 15th from 6:45pm to 9pm