Mrs. Whitener's Wise Owls
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER May. 2nd- May. 6th
- For daily homework, please check my website, the link is below. I update the homework every morning.
- Please remind your students to use their time wisely everyday. Even though testing is done, does not mean the school year is over.
-Please check your student for a belt EVERYDAY. Lately more and more students are forgetting their belts. Students will now get an infraction if they do not wear a belt.
- For Math this week we will be doing a review of all the things they have learned this year. There will be a small test on Wednesday before St. Augustine.
- We will be continuing Cryptid Hunter by Roland Smith. Please get this book as soon as possible!!
*** Remember for novels if you would like to get the book on an Ipad or kindle that is fine also :)
- Students will still be coming home with poetry homework. This homework is for them to type or neatly write their final drafts of their poems that they wrote in class. They should have one to do every night and it will be due the next day. The poems should already be complete, because we are working on them in class everyday. The poems also need a picture to go along with them. I have told the students if they are unable to print at home they may send it to me and I will print them out, but please know I can only print in black and white.
Very important dates
- BOB Team Members & alternates ONLY-Practice 2:30-3:30 pm
- 3rd quarter Honor Roll and Student of the Month awards at 8:00 am. This awards ceremony will be in our school gym. Parents, please park behind the school (parking lot between our school and the library) and sit on the bleachers in the gym.
May 5th -
- Tony Melendez concert in the cafeteria at 1:00 pm (Please send in $1 for your child to see this concert, if you havent already.)
- 4th grade Battle of the Books in the cafeteria at 8:00 am.
- Class Speech Contest (more info coming home today!)
- Spring Carnival Posters DUE to homeroom teachers
- Spirit day
- Spring Carnival (5:00-8:00 pm) - PLEASE READ EMAILS FROM Mrs, pendergrast. OUR ROOM MOMS WORK VERY HARD ON OUR SPRING CARNIVAL FOR THE CHILDREN. PLEASE DO YOUR PART!!
- 4th Grade Speech Contest
- 4th grade field trip to Tallahassee (more info coming home SOON!)
- Spring Art Show at the Visual Arts Center 5:30-7:00 pm
- Final MAPS testing for 4th grade!
- Spirit day
- Field Day
- Spirit Day
- 4th Quarter Awards (more info to come)
- class party (more info to come)
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Early Release at 11:30 am
what we are learning this week!
-We will also be doing Poetry
- We will also be starting our speeches this week
Math: Review Skills
- We will be completing a review packet in class. The test will be based on the packet.
Spelling Words and Vocabulary
The Quiz of Unit 16 Vocabulary will be Friday