SWES Principal News and Notes
Super Gators: Learn - Achieve - Succeed
What's Happening in September and October so far....
- September 22nd - Progress Reports and MAP Reading & Math scores go home
- September 25th - Picture Re-take Day (uniform)
- September 25th - October 6th Unify Benchmark Progress Monitoring
- October 5th - McTeacher's Night
- October 6th - $1 Pickles & Popcorn Spirit Day
- October 17th - Perfect Attendance (1st Quarter) Celebration
- October 16th - 20th PTA Book Fair
- October 23rd - Red Ribbon Week
- We are waiting for the revised report cards (go home) date
Title 1 Parent Meeting & Compacts
We look forward to having our parents attend our annual Title I meeting on Thursday, September 28th. Parents can choose from two different times to attend. 10:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.
As a Title I school we value the important role parents play in the success of their child in school. Please make sure you come to the meeting to learn more and ask any questions you may have.
- Parent Compacts should be signed and returned to school no later than Friday, September 22nd.
- Parent Right to Know Professional Qualifications of Teachers and Paraprofessionals letters were sent home. If you wish to know more information concerning your child's teacher or para professional please don't hesitate to contact me: Tara.Fitzgerald@sccpss.com
Hurricane Irma Absence
Please remember to contact your child's teacher if your child will not be in attendance Monday, September 18th. We can't wait to have all of our students back at SWES! If you have a need caused by Hurricane Irma please contact our counselors and/or social worker:
Dr. Laura Mulvanity - Laura.Mulvanity@sccpss.com
Ms. Jonette Ross - Jonette.Ross@sccpss.com
Mrs. Asunti Lyons - Ashunti.Lyons@sccpss.com (Social Worker)
Million Book Challenge
We are continuing the district's Balanced Literacy Million Book Challenge and welcome any gently used books from parents, community members and organizations. If you have any gently used childrens books that you would like to donate to our school please bring them to SWES and drop them off in our book donation box or with our Media Specialist; Mrs. Leslie Carelock.