Mrs. Bill's School Family News
What to ask?
Have a kiddo that is reluctant to talk about what they did at school all day? Here are a couple questions to get the conversation rolling;
- Have you built anything with the pipes and the mable run this week?
- What do we call the people or animals you meet in a story?
- Who do you like to play with at school? Why?
- Every Monday is library day- please send books back so we can get new ones
- December 4th- Donuts in December( for the special men in our lives)
- December 21-January 4 is Winter Break (students do not attend on January 4th, this is a teacher work day)
- December 18th will be our class party 1:45-2:45
Our language arts focus this week was identifying the characters in stories. We talked about how characters could be people or animals. There are also main characters and sub characters. Kiddos had fun picking out the characters in the books they were reading independently as well.
We are also working on using a variety of reading skills, like chunky monkey, this means finding parts in a word that we already know to sound out an unfamiliar word.
We are also looking closely at words that rhyme. This is a fun thing to work on together as families!
The sight words for next week are: reviewing all words on the quarter 2 list
In math we are exploring measurement. Non-standard measurement of items around our room.
In writing we are learning to stretch our words and use spacing to make our writing easier to read.
Holidays around the World is our focus for Social Studies in December.
It has been another great week, thank you for sharing your children with me!
For more pictures and updates please follow me on Twitter @sbillTCE
Kinsey and Kyla
The girls used the geo boards to make letters!
Nothing like a good book on a cold day!
Owen and Naomi
We have added some computer time in! The kids are on a rotation to get a chance to practice their skills on our class computer.