January 30th, 2022
Dear Meadowbrook Families,
My first month at Meadowbrook has flown by, and I have enjoyed establishing connections with many of our students. I am thrilled to serve beside the amazing teachers and staff at MBE, and we appreciate the partnerships we share with our families. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your children's teachers or myself should any questions or concerns arise. I can be reached at Jennifer.VanWagnen@wlcsd.org or by phone at 248-956-2700.
It's a great day to be a Meadowbrook Mustang!
WELCOME JENNIFER SCHLOEGL
2/1- MTSS Assembly on Commitment
2/1- Show your Mustang Spirit: wear school colors or spirit wear!
2/2-Global Day of Play
2/2- 2's Day (Dress as a Twin)
2/2- Virtual PTA Meeting @ 7 PM
2/6- School of Choice Window closes
2/7- WIDA Test Window Opens (Closes March 25)
2/9-Student Count Day
2/11- i-Ready Diagnostic 2 Window Closes
2/14-red/pink/white/heart/love spirit day
2/21-2/25- Mid-Winter Break
2022-2023 CALENDAR NOW AVAILABLE
We are pleased to share with you that the 2022-23 school year calendar has been finalized! We know what an important resource this tool is for our families and we are pleased to share this with you in advance. This calendar reflects important dates such as the first day of school, half days, school breaks and more.
· Download/Save/Print the 2022-23 WLCSD school year calendar
Our Calendar webpage has also been updated with a Calendars-at-a-Glance section where this information is available at all times. Please visit www.wlcsd.org/our-district/calendar/ for more information.
STAFF & STUDENTS ARE INVITED TO JOIN US FOR TWIN DAY!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: PTA MEETING ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND
Meadowbrook's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a wonderful way for you to become involved at your child's school.
PTA meetings are open to all MBE families. They occur on the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm on Zoom. Click the link below to join the meeting.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID, parent volunteers are not permitted at this time. Craft and other store-bought donations are still permissible. Teachers are committed to making the day special for students and will be organizing celebrations within their classrooms. Students are welcome to create and bring in Valentine's boxes from home. Look for additional information regarding how this is being organized from your child's classroom teacher. Thank you for your understanding!
Staff and students are invited and encouraged to wear red/pink/white/heart/love for this special Valentines spirit day!
Student Council will be selling Candy Grams between Monday, January 31st through Tuesday, February 8th. Valentines will be delivered to classrooms on Valentine’s Day. Check out the flyer below for more information. Please consider supporting our Student Council while also spreading joy throughout our school. Thank you!
African American Read-in (Free Registration & Book)
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- The Drop off and Pickup loop is in the parking lot on the back side of the building. DO NOT drop off your students in the front parking lot or in the bus loop at the front of the building.
- Students will enter the building at 8:50am.
- Families are not allowed to wait in the vestibule or hallways - it impedes our process causing too much congestion.
- If you are driving your student to school in the morning, you need to use our Saddle Up Loop.
- Pull as far forward as possible to keep the traffic flow moving. Never allow your student to exit on the passenger side; they will be in the path of parking lot traffic.
- Please do not block the exit onto Meadowbrook Road as you are waiting to turn left into the parking lot. Leave room so people exiting the parking lot are able to turn left onto Meadowbrook Road. This allows traffic to continue to flow.
- Students should be ready with their belongings to exit the vehicle and should exit from the driver's side only.
- Arrive on time to avoid truancy.
IMPORTANT: SNOW GEAR NEEDED
Outdoor play is an important of every child's day. Students will go outside when the temperature is zero degrees and above, with the wind-chill factored in. Please make sure your child has the following items for recess and refer to the infographic below for further information:
Please label all of these items and place them in a bag. Students will remain on the blacktop if they do not have the appropriate outdoor gear. If you need help providing winter wear for your child, please reach out to us! We want all of our Mustangs to have the items they need!
Donations will gladly be accepted and can be dropped off to the Meadowbrook office anytime between 9am-4pm. Thank you for your support!
Tuition Expedition 50/50 Scholarship Raffle
Chance to win BIG & Support for OUR classrooms!
Someone will win BIG! It could be you! Purchase your Tuition Expedition 50/50 Scholarship Raffle tickets today! The raffle is hosted by the Foundation for Excellence-Walled Lake Schools and proceeds are channeled into the WL District’s classrooms, including ours, through the Foundation’s annual grant program (see list of grant awards per school). Tickets are $35 each (service fee included). Only a 1,000 tickets are available for sale! Grand prize winner will receive scholarship funds for postsecondary education (40% lump sum option available instead of scholarship). Plus, ticket purchasers have the chance to win a FREE raffle ticket courtesy of the WL Schools Federal Credit Union (raffle’s sponsor) and the opportunity to win secondary prize; Samsung Buds Galaxy Pro with water resistant cover donated by the Foundation. Grand and secondary prize drawings are set for March 21, 2022 at District’s Reflections Celebration; need not be present to win. Visit the Foundation’s Tuition Expedition Raffle website for details and to purchase tickets or contact the Foundation: Phone 248. 956.2116 | Email MichelleBianco@wlcsd.org. MI Raffle License# R62313)
We Need You! Now Hiring Bus Drivers! Please Call 248-956-3090 or visit DeanJobs.com for more information
The Oakland County Health Department has provided additional guidance related to students returning to school during days 6-10, after their 5 day quarantine. Here is the additional guidance that applies to Meadowbrook:
- If the returning student either has had, or is having, a challenge keeping their mask on, they must stay home for the entire 10 days, returning on Day 11. (You will be notified by Mrs. Watkins if this applies to your child. Classroom teachers will have already been in communication with you about your child's struggle with mask wearing, so you will not be blindsided if this applies to your family.)
- Students who are returning on days 6-10 will eat lunch at a separate table from the classroom table. Other students may join them if they wish to, but it must be at the identified table. (If you do not want your child to sit with someone who is returning to school during days 6-10 after their 5 day quarantine, please discuss this with your child. Instruct him/her to stay at their already designated lunch table.)
- At snack time, classroom teachers will socially distance students who are returning to school for days 6-10 after their 5 day quarantine. (Please note our classrooms are small. We will do the best we can to socially distance within the classroom. )