Dinosaurs of the Intertidal Zone
High Intertidal Zone
- High tide - rough waves
- Low tide - harsh sun
- Tide pools
Wish I could stay here all day...
But this crab gotta eat too and it just so happened to be in the wettest place ever here on earth.
I got the best of both worlds!
- If im not feeling this whole air and lungs thing, I simple just get into the water and use my gills . Pretty cool huh ?
- if I somehow get upside down , I simple flip my telson, or tail and flip back over, or I can use it to steer while im in the water .
I get around by...
- Using my 8 pedipalps as walking legs .
- Using my 2 "pusher legs" while taking a swim .
Bon Appetit !
- Annelid Worms
- Bits of fish
Sadly I don't have jaws, so I have to grind them using my gristles on my legs and a gizzard that contains sand & gravel .
- Sea Turtles
- Sea Gulls
- 10 eyes all together
- 2 compound eyes on top of shell
- 2 Simple eyes on either side of shell
- 6 scattered - 1 on the tail, and 5 on the bottom of body
- Spring breaak
- hundreds piled onto each other
- 2 - 6 males to 1 female
- 90,000 eggs fertilized