By: Shayla Podlena
What is the Podlena Tradition?
- Our family plus my mom's parents and my mom's brother and family (my cousins) go to church on Christmas Eve for an hour.
- After the service, we go to my grandparents house and have a family dinner.
- After we eat, we open presents we all gave each other (not including the presents our parents or "Santa" gave us, we save that for Christmas Day)
- We leave around 10-11 at night.
What do I like about it?
- I like how we all get together because my older cousins live in Texas, so I get to see them every year.
Would it be something I would do with my family someday?
- Yes, I would love to do it with my family someday. It brings all of the cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, etc. together to have a good family meal and enjoy Christmas.
My Future Tradition
What is the tradition?
- To start a white elephant party with just the immediate family
Why do I want to start this tradition?
- It is something we can joke around with, because we all know our strengths and weaknesses and what we like and don't like.
What would it include?
- All you need is imagination, and the knowledge of what your family doesn't like.
- You pick out of a hat who your giving your gift to.
- The present has to be less than twenty dollars.
- We all meet two days before Christmas and exchange our gifts to one another.