Coniferous Forest Biome
Logan Terrill 3P
Animals in the Coniferous Forest
Top Predators of the Forest
Feed on elk and moose calves, most of their diet consists of vegatation though.
They eat sheep, gazelle, and hares.
The hawks eat small mammals such as mice, they also eat birds and reptiles.
Weather and Climate
Plants and Animals
- Owl catching a mouse
- A cougar hunting a deer
- Wolf eating small rodents, raccons, and moose
Trees compete with each other for resources like nutrients, space, and sunlight. Specific types of animals that eat the same food compete to get that food.
- Floods, snowstorms, and other natural disasters
- Soil (types of minerals and humus content)
- Light (intensity and duration)
- Temperature extremes (hot and cold)
- Disease or fungi killing a population or plant species
Ecological Concerns and Issues
- Forest fires
- Insects and fungi that attack trees are spreading into new territories where trees do not have defenses against the attackers
- Acid rain