Cougar Community Newsletter
May 18, 2023
May 17, 2023 - Jarrell ISD Board of Trustees Meeting
Our Cougar Champions of the month were recognized for their outstanding work.
- Jarrell Elementary recognized student Jada Edwards and the campus front office staff (Stephanie Garcia - Admin Assistant, Terry Kurtz - Registrar, Kendra Field - Receptionist, Amanda Yanez - Attendance Clerk, Jen Navarette - Campus Paraprofessional)
- Igo Elementary recognized student Grace Minton (not present) and the all the campus staff members
- Jarrell Middle School recognized student Zlanser Paye and Staff member Kayla Balderas
- Jarrell High School recognized student Ty Chase and Staff member Angelyn Schuster
Micah Sims, Lily Haskin, Preston Rowlett, Gabriel Lugo- Rivera, Jaheim Nibblett, Sarai Curiel, Christian Vogt, and Coaches: Loryn Gipson, Julie Porter
The school board officially welcomed new Jarrell Middle School Principal Daniella Ogundare. She starts next month. You can read more about Mrs. Ogundare by using this link.
*All presentations are attached below*
Communication and Informational Items:
- Superintendent Dr. Toni Hicks presented monthly student outcomes
- Athletic Director Marty Murr presented his May athletic update
- Chief Financial Officer Robert Navarro presented 2023- 24 school year salary budget
- Sledge Engineering presented the monthly 2021 Bond Update
- Trent Smith presented the newest demographic report
- The Board approved the unofficial results of 2023 Bond election, making the results official
- The Board approved spending up to $115,000 to upgrade district wide surveillance cameras with weapon detection software (The presentation outlining how the cameras work along with a demo is below)
- The Board approved an agreement with Huckabee for design/architect of elementary school number four
- The Board approved a resolution expressing intent to reimburse expenditures
- The Board approved another year contract with child nutrition vendor Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE)
- The Board approved a resolution to create the formation of a police department (The resolution and presentation, including a timeline and cost is below. We will have additional information in the coming days)
- The Board approved the locations of elementary school number four and middle school number two. Elementary school number four will be built on donated land in Berry Creek Highlands. Middle school number two will be built on land east of I-35. Do you want to be part of the Naming Committees? If so, please fill out these forms:
Elementary School #4 Naming Committee
Middle School #2 Naming Committee
Communication & Informational Presentations
Action Items Presentations
Class of 2023
Join us at the graduation ceremony for the Jarrell High School Class of 2023. It starts at 7:30 pm in Cougar Stadium. We will be streaming the ceremony live via YouTube. Bookmark this link: https://www.youtube.com/live/PrRRHkxhEY8?feature=share
The Jarrell ISD 2023 Bond passed with 75% of voter support!
Staff of the Year
Congratulations to our Teachers of the Year. Jackie Puska from Jarrell Elementary School was named Elementary Teacher of the Year. Nola Lafayette from Jarrell Middle School was named Secondary Teacher of the Year.
Important End of the Year Dates for Seniors
Download the updated 2023-24 Academic Calendar
Double Creek Elementary Social Media
Double Creek Elementary now has social media channels for you to follow. You can learn more about the campus, the construction process, and more important information.
Facebook: Double Creek Elementary School
Jarrell ISD is proud to partner with local organizations and businesses to offer our students additional opportunities.
Jarrell Community Library and Resource Center
Adult ESL Classes
We are partnering with the Jarrell Community Library to offer adult ESL courses. Please share the news with your students and their families. More information is below.
Smart Tag Resources
About Jarrell ISD
Location: 108 East Avenue F, Jarrell, TX, USA