OREGON MIDDLE SCHOOL
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL 2021-2022
Oregon Welcomes our new 6th Graders!!! Welcome to the Oregon Family
6th Grade Orientation Tuesday, August 31st, 2-3 pm
Back to school guidelines
- All students will be required to attend school on site. There will be no remote option, except for mandated SCDOH quarantine/isolation orders or school closures.
- In order to provide an additional level of safety and reduce the number of mandated quarantines, masks will be required on buses and indoors regardless of vaccination status. Staff are encouraged to provide frequent mask breaks throughout the day.
- Staff and students who exhibit symptoms or test positive regardless of vaccination status must complete the Patchogue-Medford COVID-19 Submission Form and follow quarantine/isolation in accordance with SCDOH requirements.
- Students will return to the cafeterias for lunch and will be required to wear masks when entering the café, when ordering, and must resume mask-wearing immediately the following eating.
- Extracurricular clubs and activities will be offered and follow the same protocols that are in place during their regular school day.
Fall Sports Start Date:
Thursday, September 9, 2021
***Students must register in FamilyID to complete a consent form.
Wednesday, September 1 First Day of School
Friday, September 3-8 Labor Day/Rosh Hashanah-No School
Thursday, September 16 Yom Kippur-No School
Wednesday, September 22 PTA/Father’s Club Meeting 7 pm
Friday, September 24 Back to School Dance 6-8:30 pm
Wednesday, September 29 Meet the Teacher Night
(Parents Only) 6:45-9 pm
Welcome Back Message
It is an exciting time of year that we have the opportunity to welcome our new sixth-grade students to the Oregon family. The administration, faculty, and staff cannot wait to meet each and everyone one of you. We welcome back our 7th and 8th grade students for another great year together.
We are planning many exciting events for the upcoming year to make the school year a great experience for all of our students.
For our 7th and 8th grade, students that plan to participate on our sports teams all student-athletes must have a physical approval by the school doctor prior to participating in sports. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Klindworth the school nurse.
We will be offering many clubs and activities to all our students and we encourage you to take advantage of our clubs and get involved. Many of our clubs will startup within the first few weeks of school. We will be also offering Homework Club three days a week.
Parents, we encourage you to get involved in your child’s education by joining our PTA and Father’s Club. Both of these organizations support many of the events and activities that we hold for the students. Please contact the PTA with any ideas that you may want to see happen this year. The PTA is always looking for new fundraising ideas and welcomes your input.
Parents we also ask that you sign up to the parent portal to update any important contact information as well as to check on your child’s attendance and grades. To update this information please visit www.pmschools.org and go to the parent information tab then to the Eschool parent portal tab.
We are looking forward to a great school year. If you have any questions, please contact us, at
Student Schedules are available on the Student and parent Portal on the evening of August 26th
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL YEAR
1) Attend school daily and arrive on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Complete all homework assignments were given by teachers
3) Read daily to develop a love for reading and improve literacy skills
4) Students share school experiences with parents/guardians so that they are aware of their child’s school life
5) Students inform their parents/guardians if they need additional support in any area or subject
6) Students understand that their parents/guardians expect them to succeed in school.