February 11, 2016
ATTENTION 3, 4, AND 5 TEACHERS--please send myself or Amy Hopkins (our site test coordinator) an email if you would like for us to have any information prior to creating the testing schedule. We plan to keep it similar to last year unless we hear differently. If you are planning to test in your room please let us know as well. We need this info ASAP!! (By the end of the day tomorrow).
Testing guides, practice tests, and testing tools for the MAP are all now available on the district website at the link below. Students need to be using the testing tools now. The more familiar they are with them the better prepared they will be. The testing window is April 11 to May 13. A schedule will be coming soon!
- I have mid-year reflections from Kindergarten and 4th grade. If you have not emailed me a brief reflection from your grade level meetings last week please get that to me.
- Our Ignite deployment for 2016-2017 will be happening in the middle of September. Exciting times ahead!
- I would love to come and observe a lesson of your choosing this quarter. You might choose a lesson that highlights one or more of your growth indicators. It is up to you.
- Don't forget to use the Friday Feedback form in Google. I appreciate those of you that are using this form. It helps me to be aware of issues and to provide the support you need. If you have trouble accessing the form let me know and I will share it with you directly. https://docs.google.com/a/sps.org/forms/d/1pbn9VK85q0AQIQnIJPl92MbuBIQnsFlFPn63jFj4OV0/viewform?usp=send_form
- Don't forget to recognize your colleagues by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page. It has been so wonderful reading these. What an awesome, supportive team we have at Rountree!
McDonald's night is coming up on February 29th so add it to your calendar.
Staff meetings in March will tentatively be scheduled for March 15th and 29th
9:30 Winter reading challenge winners assembly--we are having the assembly in the morning to avoid interrupting the 3rd grade book event
1:30-2:30 3rd grade summative book party in the library
2:30 Valentine's Day parties
Monday, Feb 15
Tuesday, Feb 16
February Birthday lunch
Staff meeting 4-5 We will be looking at some Bright Bytes data and gathering input as we choose a building goal. Jeff Rogers from health services will also be with us for a short update.
Wednesday, Feb 17
Math competition practice 8:00
5th grade Architecture night and Student Led Conferences 5-7
Thursday, Feb 18
Coreship in the afternoon
Kdg Prep 6:30
Friday, Feb 19
9:30 5th grade field trip to MSU
Attitude is often contagious.
Such truth to this.
The love you show our students does not go unnoticed.
The assistant principal!
I love that the most exciting part of his day was that he was allowed to use the microwave. (Just one of the job perks!)