Hollow Hills Fundamental School Newsletter Week of 5/29/2023
The Bear Essentials
This Week in Golden Bear Country
Monday, May 29th - Holiday - No School
Tuesday, May 30th - Special Recognition Awards K-1 at 8:30am; 2-3 at 10:15am
Tuesday, May 30th - 6th Grade Awards Night 6:00pm (MPR)
Wednesday, May 31st - 6th Grade Culmination 8:30am - 10:00am (MPR)
Wednesday, May 31st - Beginning/Intermediate Band Practice 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Wednesday, May 31st - Band Concert 6:00pm (MPR)
Thursday June 1st - 4th - 5th Grade Honor Roll 8:30am
Thursday, June 1st - 6th Grade Picnic 10:00am - 12:00pm
Friday, June 2nd - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!! EARLY DISMISSAL 12:10PM
Friday, June 2nd - Kindergarten Song Fest 11:00am
Dear Hollow Hills Families,
As we come to the end of a remarkable school year, I want to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for your unwavering support, dedication, and involvement in Hollow Hills. I hope all of our Golden Bears had a productive, fun, and memorable year. Before we say farewell for the summer, we have a few more days in Golden Bear Country that will be filled with opportunities for joy and celebration.
Highlights for this week:
- Monday, May 29th - No School
- Tuesday, May 30th
- Special Recognition Awards Grades K-1 (8:30am)
- Special Recognition / Honor Roll Awards Grades 2-3 (10:15am)
- 6th Grade Awards Night - 6:00pm
- Wednesday, May 31st
- 6th Grade Culmination 8:30am
- Band Concert 6:00pm
Thursday, June 1st
- 4th - 5th Grade Honor Roll Awards 8:30am
- 6th Grade Picnic 10:00am
- Friday, June 2nd - MINIMUM DAY: 12:10PM DISMISSAL
- Kindergarten Song Fest 11:00am
We have a lot to look forward to this week!
Principal, Hollow Hills Fundamental School
We Are Better Together!
6th Grade Information
Culmination Details - Wednesday, May 31, 2023 (8:30am)
As we begin our last week of school, we are busy making preparations to celebrate the accomplishments of our 6th grade students. Culmination is an important celebration of our students' years of work, commitment, and growth. In order to maintain the dignity and significance of this ceremony, we kindly ask for your cooperation in refraining from use of any noisemakers and/or items that may impede the view of our culminating students such as balloons or posters. We would like each family to be able to see their student and hear their student's name called as they are recognized. While we expect families to express joy and enthusiasm for their culminating student, we ask for a balance between celebration and recognizing the significance of the event.
In addition, your support is requested in ensuring your student follows the dress code for the ceremony as was sent out in the 6th grade letter. Students should dress in accordance with the school dress code. Appropriate attire for this distinguished ceremony may include: a nice dress or skirt, a collared shirt and pants/slacks; a tie may be worn but is not required; clean, nice footwear. The following are examples of attire that is not appropriate for this event: fancy, formal wear, strapless, spaghetti strap and/or off the shoulder tops; graphic t-shirts, jeans, crocs, dirty sneakers, heals greater than 1".
Your cooperation is appreciated in creating an atmosphere of dignified celebration and respect which allows all students and guests to fully embrace the significance of this milestone in the lives of our students. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to celebrating our Golden Bears together.
- Start Time: Our 6th grade culmination ceremony will happen promptly at 8:30 AM on Wednesday, May 31st in our MPR.
- Gates Open: On Wednesday, please do not arrive to the school before 6 AM since the gates will not be open. We will not open the MPR doors until 8:00 AM so we can have our staff check that each guest is wearing their numbered wristband to enter the MPR
- Wristbands/Tickets: Each student will receive 4 numbered wristbands on Tuesday at culmination practice. These wristbands will act as tickets to the ceremony. Please ask them for these so you can keep them somewhere safe. We will not be able to replace lost wristbands. Guests should be wearing their wristbands on their wrist prior to entering the MPR.
- Reception: After our ceremony the PTA will be hosting a reception out on the quad for all of the 6th graders and their families. If you are choosing to check your student out after the ceremony and reception the sign out sheet and artwork will be in the MPR.
Thank you very much for all of your cooperation this year.
6th Grade Panoramic Picture
The 6th grade Panoramic taken by Cornerstone Photography are now available for viewing and ordering! All orders must be placed online, will incur a $5 shipping charge, and will be mailed directly home. Portrait pickup on campus or in the Cornerstone studio is not available. To view your portrait, click the link below and enter your online code which is 2023HHILPANO
Pano Online Code: 2023HHILPANO
For additional questions, you may contact email@example.com or (805) 529-1635.
Breakfast and Lunch
What's For Breakfast This Week??
Menus are subject to change. Please click on picture to be directed to menu website which is updated frequently.
Happening this Week!
Community Resources, Activities, and Events
Simi Institute - Upcoming Events
Registration for ESL and Citizenship classes will begin August 8, 2024. Any interested parties can fill out our interest form now but they will not be contacted until August. As a reminder, ESL and Citizenship classes are FREE and open to anyone 18 years and older.
Registration is now open for our Parent & Child Education program, also known as The Learning Garden. This program is designed for children ages 12 months - 5 years old and classes are held at both Simi Institute's campus and JELA's campus. Our 3.5 - 5 year old class is a wonderful alternative for children who are of TK age but not quite ready for full-day school.
JELA will be hosting an open house on May 11 from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm and it will be an excellent opportunity for prospective parents to learn more about The Learning Garden.