Eco printing fiesta in Portugal!
10 day retreat with Nicola Brown & Caroline Nixon, 2019
Invitation from Nicola and Caroline
Eco printing, natural dyeing, simple shibori and up-cycled clothing
Friday, May 3rd, 11am to Monday, May 13th, 9:30am
37 Rua Vale Telheiro
This exclusive 10 day residential workshop includes........
- Collection from Faro Airport on Friday 3rd May
- Welcome drinks and evening meal on the first night
- 10 nights shared or single accommodation (non smoking) at the beautiful Algarve Art Retreat. Additional simple accommodation is also offered at nearby Quinta do Moinho for those wishing to stay within walking distance of Loulé although preference will be given to participants who wish to stay at the workshop venue
- Delicious breakfast each morning and lunch each day using fresh, local ingredients
- Total immersion into an exciting textile adventure with Nicola Brown and Caroline Nixon! Learn new techniques or up-skill your eco printing and natural dye techniques, experiment with different tannins, discover how simple shibori enhances eco printing and identify ways of successfully printing on fabric and up-cycled clothing
- The Algarve Art Retreat has fabulous grounds, a large pool and a sauna. It is reserved exclusively for us during the retreat so that everyone can feel totally relaxed. There is also a spa room where a range of treatments may be booked!
- One non workshop day with an optional excursion into nearby Loulé with Nicola and Caroline to visit the market and absorb the local culture. There are many beautiful things to see and do in this small city
- We anticipate a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 14 workshop participants depending on whether people opt for shared or single accommodation. Small numbers ensure that everyone gets plenty of individual attention. A number of non workshop participating partners are welcome to attend by arrangement
- Public exhibition of participants' work at the end of the retreat
- Wrap up gala dinner and drinks
- Transport back to Faro Airport after breakfast on Monday 13th May
NB This retreat is suitable for both experienced textile artists and total beginners
Cost of the retreat
Here is a full breakdown of the prices for those staying at the Algarve Art Retreat.....
Cantinho do Secreto €1700 shared or €2400 single
Cantinho do Jardim €2400 single (not available shared)
Cantinho do Paraíso €2000 shared or €2700 single
Casa Onrust Bedroom 1 - €1800 single (smaller twin bedroom for single occupancy but sharing a bathroom and living area with bedroom 2)
Bedroom 2 - €1600 shared or €2200 single (larger twin bedroom sharing a bathroom and living area with bedroom 2)
Workshop accommodation at Quinta do Moinho costs €1600 per person sharing or €2000 single and is a simpler option than the main retreat location but is much nearer the market, shops, museums, churches and restaurants in Loulé. Participants who choose to stay at the Quinta will be collected there each morning following a simple breakfast and dropped back again after the workshop ends each night. They will have full use of all the facilities on site at the Algarve Art Retreat each day so won't miss out on any of the fun! We will however be giving first preference to those who book their accommodation on site.
Please email Nicola and Caroline with your top 3 accommodation choices. We will get back to you by Sunday 27th January at the latest letting you know if your application to join the retreat has been successful. If it has, a 50% deposit now will secure your place with the balance payable in the middle of March 2019. Non workshop participating partners may be accommodated by prior arrangement. Please let Nicola and Caroline know this when you request to book and they will then let you know how much this will cost for the accommodation chosen.
Please note, retreat fees will be strictly non-refundable so Nicola and Caroline highly recommend holiday insurance.