Advantage Arts Academy | February 25th, 2022
In This Issue:
- Dates to remember
- Message From the Principal
- Registration for Current/Returning students for 2022-2023
- Reading Week
- Governing Board Meeting
- Violin Club Concert
- SPRING PICTURES FRIDAY
- Center Stage
- After School Clubs
- Get Involved
- Thank you
- Breakfast and Lunch - Free Lunch Options
- Advantage Arts is Hiring
Dates to Remember
- Monday, February 28- Read Across America Starts
- Monday, February 28- Mystery Reader
- Monday, February 28- Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 1- Book Bingo
- Tuesday, March 1 - Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 1- Drama Club 3:15
- Wednesday, March 2- Dress as your favorite Dr. Suess Character
- Wednesday, March 2- Dr. Suess' Birthday
- Wednesday, March 2- Art Club 3:15
- Wednesday, March 2- Violin Club
- Thursday- March 3- Book Bingo
- Thursday, March 3- Dr Suess Illustator Day
- Thursday, March 3- Violin Concert 4:30 (Beginning Violin)
- Thursday, March 3- Violin Concert 4:45 (Intermediate Violin)
- Friday, March 4- Spring Picture Day
- Bring Pillows or blankets for the Read-A -Thon
- Friday, March 4- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Monday, March 7- Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 8- Drama Club 3:30
- Tuesday, March 8- Violin 3:15
- Wednesday, March 9- Art Integration Night
- Wednesday. March 9- Violin 3:15
- Thursday, March 10- Violin 3:15
- Thursday, March 10- Student Government
- Friday, March 11- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
Message from the Principal
Dear Advantage Arts Family,
We made it to the end of February. The year is continuing to move quickly. I am excited to announce the winner of our yard sign contest in a few weeks. The winner will receive an apple tv. There are still a few yard signs in the office, if you would like to put one in your yard.
This week the snow has crept up on us in the mornings for drop off and at recess. Please make sure your students are dressed appropriately for an outside recess. If the weather is not permitting, there will be days that we hold inside-recess, but we want the students to get as much sunshine as possible.
In the month of March, with the help of some amazing parents, we will be planning a series of smaller assemblies and guests who will come to the school and emphasize that we do not bully here at Advantage Arts Academy. All of our students are amazing, and we want them to feel safe and comfortable.
Have a great week,
Registration for 2022-2023 School Year is NOW OPEN
aspire | Welcome (usoe-dcs.org to sign into your students aspire and click on the link at the top of the page under your students name that says, "Register student for Grade____". This is for current and returning students.
Monday: Mystery reader (Invite parents to come and read a book to your class)
Tuesday: Book bingo
Wednesday: Dr. Suess's birthday dress up like a Dr. Suess character
Thursday: Book Bingo
Friday: Cozy day: bring pillows or blankets for a read-a-thon (You can choose what time and how long to do your read-a-thon)
Governing Board Meeting
Governing Board Meeting will be Monday February 28th at 10:00 am. At this meeting the fee schedule and fee waiver will be presented for public comment.
Violin Club Concert
Spring Picture Day
1st Grade Maps
In first grade, students are learning about maps. They learned that a map needs to have a title, compass rose, and key so that we can understand it. They made their own maps of Utah with important cities and landmarks.
2nd Grade Flags
In honor of President's Day, students looked at the art of Jasper Johns to be inspired. We looked at his art that was inspired by American culture, especially his flag paintings. The students made their own flag paintings using mixed media by collaging newspaper and then painting the flag on top. These turned out beautifully!
5th Grade States
In fifth grade, students are researching and writing reports on different states. During art time, the students drew their state on cardboard, we cut it out, and then painted and added important geographic landmarks.
After School Clubs
ART CLUB WILL BE HELD THIS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2ND
ART CLUB IS NOW FULL! Please be sure you have paid your art club fee. There is a $40 participation fee that needs to be paid in the office to cover the cost of supplies. Art Club is two times a month from now until May. Art Club starts right after school at 3:15 in the art room (Room Number 203). If you have any questions on dates or questions about art club please email Mrs. Redd at email@example.com.
Violin Music Club is FULL
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade Student and is on MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, and THURSDAY from 3:15-4:15. Students in the Violin Music Club will need go straight to ROOM 201 (Next to Mrs. Redd's art room) after school. On the day your student has club, larger instruments can be brought into the front office in the morning and must be picked up on the way to room 210.
Drama Club practice for Little Women. Please make sure younger siblings are picked up and your student is coming prepared to focus and work hard. We are so excited to see the students shine in this play!
Please email Miss Thomas with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
We have so many fun opportunities to volunteer at our amazing school and be part of all of the fun!
Our next big volunteer opportunity is OUR ART INTERGRATION NIGHT March 9th!
Thank you to everyone that has volunteered so far this year. You are the reason Advantage Arts Academy is so amazing.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS!
We would like to send an extra special shout out to EVERYONE that donates to our school! We are who are and are able to do what we do because of all of you! Make sure to stop into these businesses and and show them some love.
John Paras Furniture
Mi Rancherito in American Fork
Hale Center Theatre
Again, we are so thankful for your support and donations!
Breakfast & Lunch
- Monday, February 28- Flavored Bread
- Tuesday, March 1- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Bowl
- Wednesday, March 2- Breakfast Calzone or Bagel with Cream Cheese
- Thursday, March 3- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or French Toast Sticks
- Friday, March 4- Pancake on a stick or Breakfast Sandwich
- Monday, February 28- French Toast Sticks or Pancakes
- Tuesday, March 1- Chicken Enchiladas or Meatball Sub
- Wednesday, March 2- Homemade Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or Ham Sandwich
- Thursday, March 3- Cheeseburger or Chicken Nuggets
- Friday, March 4- Rib-B-Q Sandwich or Hawaiian Haystack
Sending Lunch From Home?
Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STUDENTS ARE TAKING CARE OF THEIR ADVANTAGE ARTS ACADEMY LIBRARY BOOKS!
If you are looking to make any donations to our library there are many ways you can donate funds or books to the library.
1: You can bring new or used book donations into the front office of Advantage Arts Academy.
2:You can find our Advantage Arts Academy Library wish list through Amazon at the link below and purchase books directly from Amazon. You can choose from there to have to books shipped directly to the school or ship them to you and bring them into the office.
3: You can follow the link below for the campaign created by a close friend of Mrs. Evans per the request of her family. The money donated to this campaign is used by Miss Loni, our Librarian, to purchase books directly from the Scholastic website and each book purchased through the campaign will have an "A reader Lives A Thousand Lives, Honoring Lisa Evans" campaign plate on the inside cover of each book.
Become Part of Our Advantage Arts Academy Team!!!!
Advantage Arts Academy is still looking for a READING TEACHING ASSISTANT and ESL TEACHING ASSISTANT.
We still have limited seats available for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share with your friends, family members, and neighbors so they have the best chance possible to secure their spot at Advantage Arts!