Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Spencer's Class - Week of 1/4
Happy New Year!
Fourth Graders Shine While Performing "Reindeer Rap"
Updates & Announcements:
You can sign up now by following these quick easy steps and get started raising money and saving lives!
1. Go to www.heart.org/hoops
2. Choose Minnesota and then Kasson. Then enter “K” in the first letter of your school.
3. Select Kasson-Mantorville Elementary and join the team.
You can also use the Jump/Hoops App to ask friends and family to support you! Follow the link below to download the App! It is super easy and fun!
Thank you so much for supporting our school and the American Heart Association. You are making a big difference! Thank you for being a Heart Hero!
Cozy Reading Time - We LOVE to Read!
Encourage IXL Use at Home for Practice & Enrichment!
This Week's Objectives:
- We are writing about goals for 2016 and memories from 2015.
- We are starting to read Number the Stars, Lois Lowry's classic Newbery award winning novel about the escape of a Jewish family from Copenhagen during World War II.
- We are reading My Brother Martin, a biography about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- We are building reading stamina and practicing CAFE (Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Expanding Vocabulary) strategies for reading.
- We are writing numbers in expanded notation.
- We are using our knowledge of basic multiplication and division facts to compute extended facts.
- We are solving multidigit multiplication problems using the partial-products method and the traditional algorithm for multiplication.
- We are building our speed and accuracy with basic multiplication and division facts.
Science & Social Studies:
- We are following up on our circuit explorations and further discussing electricity and magnetism.
- Students are presenting state reports with Mr. Naylor and beginning to learn about national symbols.
KMES Jingle BINGO - We Had a Blast!
Mystery State Google Hangout with Mr. Naylor's Class
Wishing you a terrific week!
Please contact me with any questions or comments.