Clarks Creek Staff News
May 16 - 24, 2016 ---- LAST STAFF NEWS OF THE YEAR!
This is one of the very best times of the year for many reasons! From the special activities you provide for your students, to reviewing the growth your students have made and seeing their faces light up to realize what they've accomplished, there is SO MUCH to celebrate! As we head into these busy final few days of the 2015-16 school year, take time to stop and celebrate with each individual student something outstanding that he/she has done. Not only will it make each one feel special, it will remind you of all the amazing changes you have helped to make happen throughout the year.
Take time, too, to go through the great memories your class has created together. While they will go on to have many more classroom experiences in their lifetimes, they won't have this particular group of memories again. Help them tack them onto their "memory bulletin board" by highlighting some of the best things that have happened to your class as a group, too.
Wrap up the year with smiles and fond memories! It's going to be a great week!
- Keep working on your end-of-year forms that will need to be turned in before the end of the year. Let me know if you have questions about any of the forms.
- Stickers for your placement cards were distributed last week. Please be sure that all of your students' placement cards are marked with the correct dots to help us with final room assignments.
- If your grade level has students who will not be attending the BMX show tomorrow afternoon, think about how you want to do that supervision. If there are not many, you could coordinate with another grade level and share the supervision so each of you can get out and see some of the show! It is supposed to be about 40 minutes total; I'd anticipate starting about 2:35 and finishing by 3:10. We will call grade levels to the playground about 2:20.
- One of the things on your end-of-year checklist is to send me your favorite two pictures from this school year. As you're going through those memories with your students, have that in mind so you can send them to me, please! I will use some of these to update our front entry display over the summer, so if you have some vertical ones you like, those will work best, but either is OK!
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS
- Be sure to let Randa know if you are expecting several parents for any upcoming events.
- Marisa will be out of the building for cabinet on Wednesday.
- We've worked hard to reorganize some class trips to the restroom to not end up with so many in the same place at the same time. i have one other request in regard to this. Please don't plan to use the restroom across the hall from Kelly Bodart's room from 9:35 - 9:45 a.m. and 1:35 - 1:45 p.m. each day, as she is working diligently to help some kids who are still potty training. If you've ever done that task yourself, you know how important it is to keep a regular schedule! If you can avoid taking a whole class at that time, that would be helpful to their efforts.
- All assistants need to turn in your staff badges and keys (if you have them) on the last day of school. They will be returned to you in the fall. If you know that you are NOT planning to return in the fall, please let Marisa know.
All of This Year's Remaining Upcoming Events!!!
- 5/16 Alternate Schedule
- 5/16 BMX Bike Show Math Facts Challenge Reward - 2:30 Playground Blacktop
- 5/16 New Teacher Induction Mtg 3:30 - 4:30 - Supt's Office
- 5/16 Staff Breakfast - April, May, June Birthdays - Gr. 3 and Office Staff will provide breakfast - 7:45 in the lounge
- 5/17 4th and 5th Grade Spelling Bee - 9:00 a.m.
- 5/18 - 20 Summer Reading Book Fair
- 5/18 Principals' Lunch with Walk-A-Thon Winners 12:00 p.m. - Large Conference Rm
- 5/18 High Ability Parent Meeting - 6:00 p.m. PCMS Auditorium
- 5/19 Step-Up - During Prep Periods - LGI
- 5/19 3rd Grade Wax Museum - 2:00 Blacktop on Playground (see email re: times)
- 5/19 LQA Graduation - 7:00 p.m. @ PHS Auditorium
- 5/20 5th Grade Breakfast & Awards - 7:45 Cafeteria and Gym
- 5/20 Alternate Schedule
- 5/20 PRIDE Convo #4 - 2:15 Gym
- 5/23 Kindy 500 - 9:00 a.m. - Track
- 5/23 Kevin Cougar & the ISTEP Two-Steppers Concert - 2:00 Cafeteria
- 5/24 Last Student Day
- 5/25 Teacher Records 1/2 Day
- 5/25 4th Quarter Grades Due by 9:00 a.m.
Arrivals & Departures
- Ann Mennonno will join our second grade team. Ann has had sixteen years of experience in IPS schools, and is a Plainfield resident.
- Liz Jones will join our fifth grade team. Liz has eleven years of experience in Illinois and Wisconsin schools and will be moving here in July.
We feel very fortunate to have found these two teachers, both of whom have experience working with ELL students (both have their endorsements) and many other leadership and classroom experiences that will be great additions to our staff!
- May 1 - Kelly Wetterman
- May 4 - Myrna Riddle
- May 8 - Lisa Crews
- May 12 - Jody Smith
- May 17 - Michelle Colglazier
- May 18 - Jackie Richter
- June 1 - Pat Ward
- June 3 - Erin Porro
- June 6 - Rachelle Huether
- June 6 - Cindy McGary
- June 11 - Kevin Johnston
- June 14 - Marisa Donovan
- June 26 - Bre Fruth
- June 27 - Camie Broughton
- July 2 - Emily Baker
- July 5 - Becky Slover
- July 17 - Julie Thompson
- July 17 - Karen Sweeney
- July 22 - Mari Acton
- July 27 - Wynne Ferres
- July 27 - Karisa Miller
- Our school has been identified as a FOUR-STAR-SCHOOL! While it's still embargoed information we can still celebrate, even if we can't yet share it with the world!
- Also, if we had been awarded a school "grade" as in years past this year, our school would have been given an "A" again! Because of the changes in the system this year, schools aren't being held accountable this year, but it's great to know that even if we were, we'd be at the top again!
- Thanks to Sharon and everyone else who helped make Field Day spectacular!
- Thanks to Cathy for putting on a great end-of-year Study Buddy party that all of our buddies could enjoy!