(936) 874 -2066
Who is your teacher?
I taught science in a brick and mortar environment for several years before my family and I decided to move last fall. It was then that I choose to take the semester off while we built our home and go back to school to earn a masters in science education from the University of Texas at Arlington.
I truly look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. My main goal is always for you to be successful!
A little bit about me:
- I am married to my best friend that I met in middle school!
- We have two children: our son Noah, 6 and our daughter Tenley, 4.
- We have one dog and one cat. Our puppy, Mufasa (Lion King reference- we are a Disney loving family) is six months old and weighs 60lbs! So it's like having a giant baby bull around the house. Our cat, Sookie is four and spends most of the day snoozing on the sofa.
- Last year, I was honored to receive the SUPER TEACHER award at the 6th-8th grade intermediate campus I worked at. Science ROCKS and I love to teach!
I enjoy many things....
I love hunting, reading, trying new things, going to new places and cooking!
I also love to be outside; my family and I live on a 100+ acre ranch so it is extremely common to find us all outside. We currently have 31 heads of cattle and 2 horses.
I love music but I cannot sing! Seriously. Its awful.
A few reminders...
You should be following the Course Content Calendar (NOT the daily plan) and completing this weeks lessons. (Select the link above to view the course content calendar.)
Class Connects and Exit Tickets
Please check your Class Connect schedule in OLS. Make sure you are attending your required classes live or by watching the recording. Exit Tickets for these classes need to be filled out at the end of the week but I strongly urge you to complete them immediately after class. These are part of your grade; if you do not do well, reach out to the Class Connect teacher for help.
Be sure to check the gradebook in OLS to see if there is anything you are missing (marked with an 'm'), complete the assignment or contact that class connect teacher if there is any confusion.
- February 8-12: Interim Assessments (taken online in Study Island)
- February 15: Student Holiday
- March 7-11: Spring Break