The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, February 08, 2016
Events This Week!
Water Week - Spirit Week!
Monday, Feb. 8 = Wear Blue (for water) and a Hat Day
Tuesday, Feb. 9 = Celebrity Day
Wednesday, Feb. 10 = Decades Day (dress like your favorite decade)
Thursday, Feb. 11 = Superhero Day
Friday, Feb. 12 = Pajama Day
*Bring your donations each day to fill a grade level water jug. The grade that brings in the most money will win a popsicle party!
Hungry Howie's Night
Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!
Monday afternoon for Ad Council
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 AND 2 of our Observations are done and I will begin with Round 3 this week. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (A) Assessment and (PCC) Professional Collaboration & Communication for our Round 3 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- No School on Monday, Feb. 15 (President's Day)
- Popcorn Day on Friday, Feb. 19
DOWN THE ROAD...
- AR Prize Day is Tuesday, Feb. 23
- School Improvement Team Meeting is Thursday, Feb. 25
- Leo's Family Night is Thursday, Feb. 25 from 5-8pm