April 27 - May 03
Did You Know?
Children 8-18 spend an average of
- 4.5 hours watching TV
- 1.5 hours using computers
- 1.0 hour playing video games
Children with 2 or more hours of screen time are more likely to have:
- increased psychological difficulties, including hyperactivity, emotional and conduct problems, and difficulties with peers
- increased academic difficulties, including high risk for poor homework completion, negative attitudes towards school, and poor grades
- increased health issues, including sleep disturbances, and an increased risk for childhood obesity
Screen-Free week at the library
Monday, April 29th 2013 at 12am to Friday, May 3rd 2013 at 11:45pm
637 County Route 1
Fort Covington, NY
The middle school library will be screen-free this week.
- Computers will only be available to use for assignments.
- Screen-free activities will be available around the library for students to enjoy.
- Screen-free BINGO cards can be completed for an entry into a library prize raffle.