Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 17
Registration for 2016 - 2017 School Year
It's time to start planning for next school year. The counselors will be meeting with students through Social Studies classes beginning on Tuesday. Details will follow.
For more information about the registration process go to: http://goo.gl/xjCIJD
The McKinney High School
Did you know?
At one time, the football uniforms for the Lions were hand-me-downs from SMU. Even though the colors were Blue and Gold, the colors on the field were red, white and blue.
MHS Teacher Events
- 1/18 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- 1/19 PTO Lunch & Learn "State of MISD with Dr. McDaniel" 11:45 Downstairs Flex
- 1/19 Registration begins for 2016-2017 school year
- 1/22 ISM Recruiting all day
- 1/25 MHS Showcase
Coming Student Events
- 1/19 Girls Basketball vs. Wylie @ 6:15 (Away)
- 1/19 Boys Basketball vs. Wylie @ 7:30 (Away)
- 1/20 NHS Meeting @ 7:00am Upstairs Flex
- 1/20 Key Club @ 2:30 Downstairs Flex
- 1/20 MISD Powerlifting Meet @ 3:00 (Home)
- 1/21 Girls Soccer vs. Euless Trinity @ 7:30 (Away)
- 1/21 District Diving The Colony @ 1:00 (Away)
- 1/21 Wrestling vs. Lucas Lovejoy/Lancaster @ 5:00 (Home)
- 1/22 Girls Basketball vs. Denison @ 6:15 (Home)
- 1/22 Boys Basketball vs. Denison @ 7:30 (Home)
- 1/22 Tennis Frisco Tournament @ 8:00am (Away)
- 1/22 Girls Soccer vs. Lake Highlands @ 6:20 (Away)
- 1/22 District Swimming at The Colony @ 3:00 (Away)
- 1/22 Wrestling vs. Hebron/Rockwall @ 6:00 (Away)
- 1/23 Girls Soccer vs. Richardson TBA (Away)
- 1/23 Wrestling Jaguar Tournament Flower Mound HS @ 9:00 (Away
Are you interested in serving as a department chair, team leader or instructional coach?Please let me know by the end of January if you are interested in serving.
Nuts & Bolts Reminders
- Lesson Plans are due in Forethought by 7:30 each Monday.
- Students should not be in the hall without a pass.
- Tutoring is from 2:40 until 3:15 (students must stay the whole time).
- Tutoring Bus begins this week; students must have a bus pass.
Our very own Kristen Spain gained a "daughter" this past weekend with the marriage of her youngest son. Congrats, Kristen, to you and Wilson.
Welcome to the team
Articles of Note
Here is an interesting article I ran across. It is lengthy but worth the read. If you have articles or links to blogs that you feel are worth sharing, please send me the link for inclusion in future newsletters.
Thought of the week
If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job more important.
I know we have some students that challenge us from the word GO. But, have you ever considered that we may be the BEST thing to happen to them in a long time?