February 10th, 2016
Praise and Prayers
We give praise for a wonderful Sunday morning with great fellowship! We also give praise for many blessed reasons:
- Butch and Beth Elder celebrated their 2nd anniversary on February 8th!
- Jay and Joyce Howe are thrilled that YACS accreditation went extremely well!
- Jay and Joyce Howe are giving praise for Marcelle Dixon adjusting slowly to the transition to assisted living by going to the dining room for the 1st time!
- John Luke Sr's great grandson and Janice Wilson's 1st grandchild, Jacob Ross, was born!
- Mallory Hammonds celebrated her 16th birthday on February 7th! Happy Birthday!!
- Leigh Martin is celebrating her sister's arrival home in Savannah, GA from Hong Kong!!
- Joel Crissman is asking for prayers for Al Cote, Wayne Lewis and Cindy Brewbaker during their battle with cancer.
- David Elder is asking everyone to pray for strength for Amie Groover during tough times.
- Peggy and Kim Rowe ask that you keep Linda Weeks in your prayers during stage 3 Lung cancer.
LENTEN SEASON WORSHIP EXPERIENCES
Starting This Sunday, February 14th until March20th
This Season of Lent we are introducing 2 simple practices to heighten your worship experience on Sunday's
Prayers of Preparation
Silent prayer and meditation will be observed in the sanctuary 15 minute before each worship service. Feel free to fellowship in the hallways.
As the last hymn begins, there will be an invitation to come to the chancel rail for personal prayer time and almsgiving. It’s an ancient worship practice to present yourself to the Lord in a direct way (Luke 18:10ff). The good Samaritan offering plates will be there if you want to give alms. If you wish for the pastor to pray with you, then you can signal him to do so.
Ansel Adams Exhibit
Booth Western Art Museum
501 Museum, Cartersville, GA 30120
Thursday, February 18th
Meeting for carpool at CUMC by 9:30AM
(1 1/2 Hour Drive Please Be On Time)
Leaving Museum by 3:00PM
Contact Mary Jane Lea at email@example.com.
Comprehensive exhibition featuring 26 key works by iconic photographer Ansel Adams set amongst works by his predecessors, peers and contemporary photographers. Includes photographs by Edward Weston, Dorothea Lange, Pirkle Jones, Al Weber, Bob Kolbrener, Robert Weingarten and many others including Atlanta photographers Peter Essick and John Mariana. An affiliate to the Smithsonian Institution, Booth Western Art Museum features contemporary Western art, a Presidential Gallery, Civil War gallery and Sagebrush Ranch interactive children’s gallery.
BAND GEEKS UNITE!!!
If you were ever in a marching band, a majorette group, color guard, or drill team, then join Crossroads UMC Marching Band. If you don’t have an instrument, we’ll find one for you! This will be for fun and spread goodwill by advertising our church.
The City of Conyers
St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Thursday, March 17th at 4:30pm
There will be one practice session Sunday, March 13th at 2:00pm at the church.
This will be easy music. We need kids to throw candy and non-musical people to carry the church banner. There is something for everyone to do.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 28th if you are interested.
We already have a gig!