Team KB News
April 20, 2015
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, April 24th - We will be visiting the Exploration Station and Strickler Planetarium on the Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais. Room Parents! Please let me know by Tuesday if you are planning to join us! We have to have the checks to pay ready by end of day Tuesday. Thanks! We will change into our Rocking Raider shirts when we get to school that morning. Children will need to have a sack lunch in a disposable bag (either paper or gallon ziplock) clearly marked with their name. We will be bringing milk in coolers, so a drink is not necessary. If you send a drink please do not send a can of pop. Thanks so much!
- Friday, April 24th - Midterm of the Fourth Quarter
- Wednesday, April 29th - Progress Reports are scheduled to come home. This is a great opportunity to see what I am seeing at school, so we can work on improvement before the final report cards come home.
- Friday, May 1st - SIP Early Out - No Lunch Served. This is the date of our Spring Program! We will be wearing our Rocking Raider Shirts and showing our families various dances and skills that we have learned this year. The program will begin at 10:00am, and end around 10:45 am. Students will be able to go home at that time with their parents. Please plan to come and enjoy (or send Grandma, Grandpa, favorite adult friend). You will smile! :)
A couple of Important End of Year Items:
- At the end of the month families who have submitted a book in a bag paper filled out with 10 book titles for this month will receive 2 free tickets to a Cornbelters Baseball Game this summer. If you have 20 book titles you will receive 4 free tickets to a Cornbelters Baseball Game! I love free family fun!!! Keep Reading!
- We have a BoxTop Promotion going on right now. I am not sure if Mrs. Gustafson sent anything home, so I thought I would mention it. We will be having a Remote Control Truck "race" and for every 400 BoxTops that are turned in we will add another truck to the race. The teachers will be the truck controllers for each team. As an added incentive we have Will and Andy Tatro coming near the end of May to do an RC Car demonstration with ramps and jumps and racing! Super Fun!!! Send in those Box Tops so we can do really well and have lots of fun!
- We are scheduling the P.T.T./IW Walkathon soon. GES is having theirs on May 1st, but that is the date of our Spring program...more information will be shared as we know it. :)
You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond
Reminders and Notes from Mrs. Rodriguez
Please look at the above quote...I try to fill my newsletter with gentle reminders and ideas for you to talk about with your child. The children are wanting to rush through things and turn in sloppy work. Now that we have covered almost all of the letter formations and number formations as well as how to stay in the lines when we color I told them that today was the day! We are going to do our very best in all that we do, from lining up quietly to writing nicely to coloring nicely to following directions the first time we are told to remembering all of the various procedures in our school.
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! - if your phone number changes, please let the office know! We need to be able to get a hold of you if your child is sick or something happens.
REMEMBER: When your child needs to be absent please call the school to let us know so that we don't worry about them. The school's phone number is at the bottom of this page, and is also on the magnet you received at BackPack and a Snack. AND: When your child is well enough to return to school please either write a note or send in the note from the doctor's office.
PLEASE: Keep a $10.00 balance in your child's lunch account!! Parents, please remember that milk break milks ARE NOT covered for those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. There is still a $.25 charge per milk each day.
PLAYTIME: We will have recess and P.E. class outdoors as the weather permits. Please make certain that your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather...coat, hat, gloves. We do not go out if the playground is slushy, or if the temperature is super cold or it is really windy. I do believe that the fresh air is good for the germ control aspect of life.
Our class online code is GV4GV. The book order is due 3/16/15. Feel free to order online or with the flyer I am sending home next week. Thanks for helping your child love to read!
Can your family help us??
- It would be wonderful if you were able to save BoxTops and Campbell's Labels for Education for our school. Just watch for expiration dates on those BoxTops!
- We love to use "good garbage" like clean empty frosting containers for pencil cups and empty Crystal Light containers for literacy stations.
- We have a wonderful partnership with G.O.D.'s Food Pantry in Gilman. If your family is able to send something that begins with the letter of the week for sharing that would be super!