Bird is the Word
This is What's STATpening
Happy New Year!
Faculty Meeting 1/11
- Tips and reminders
- What does PARCC look like in K-5
- How can we practice PARCC in my classroom
Vertical Planning 1/12
The Padlet for ideas is still accessible above.
Devices are optional for this meeting.
Appy Hour 1/14
- BCPSOne refreshers
- Office Mix
- Edmodo: Standards-based meaningful independent work
- Anything you would like to look at!
Passport Teacher Visit 1/15 AM
Looking ahead...Professional Study Day 1/19
9:00- 9:30 Faculty Breakfast
- Math teachers will be meeting Jordan (primary) or Emily (intermediate)
- ELA teachers will be meeting with Amy, Deana, and Nicole
-Schedule to follow
- Optional MAP refresher
- Grading and reporting
Lighthouse Visit to Church Lane ES
- Evidence of cohesive small groups
- Meaningful independent work based on theme or topic in the current unit
- Classroom management ideas for students not on task with devices: lose privilege of seating choice
- Student as the facilitator of a small group
There was a lot of discussion around whether our STAT message is being conveyed to all of our stakeholders correctly (not just about the devices!!); Most, least, and middle effectiveness of small groups, & most, least, and middle effectiveness of digital integration.
Looking for something FRESH to do in 2016?
Please let me know if this is something you would like to do. Its a great professional development opportunity and always fun to see other teachers teach.
- Kids post their questions (about anything), what they wonder, what they are curious about...
- Teacher may or may not group "like" interests together depending on if the students want to collaborate
- Students research their topics using Digital Content
- Student choose a project (newspaper article, flip book, brochure, Wixie template, PPT, etc) to present their new knowledge with
Grading and Reporting Dates
- Last day of the quarter
January 19th DAY
- Teachers work on entering grades into BCPSOne, STARS, and report card comments
****January 19th at 5:00 PM****
- Content grades MOVE from BCPSONE to STARS in grades 3-5 (2nd grade will still enter them into STARS)
- This makes no sense to me as we are working on report cards during the day. If anything changes, I will let you know.
- Make sure a grade member reviews your grades and comments for errors.
- Report cards do not need to be turned into the office.