This Week's Events
Move & Crunch Week: Check out the memo for the parent letter & be ready for announcements & dancing in the morning!
Monday, March 24
- Kathy @ SSC in the a.m. for meetings
- (Spanish; 8:15-9 in LLC)
- (Green Club; 3:30-4:30 in LLC)
Tuesday, March 25
- BLT; 8:30-9 in office conference room
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
- (Spanish; 3:35-4:20 in Music Room)
Wednesday, March 26
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Engage200; 7-9 p.m. at Monroe (Please let Kathy know if you're attending!)
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- (Tiger Scouts; 6-7 p.m. in the gym)
Thursday, March 27
- Shift Day: Monday
- IEP/Intervention Team meetings as scheduled
Friday, March 28
- Shift Day: Tuesday
- (Brownies; 3:45-4:45 in LLC)
Spring Break begins!!!
* 2-5 grade teachers have received the PACE testing schedule via e-mail.
If your class goes outside during the day....
Culture Fest is Coming
Friday, April 25 from 6-8 pm will be our annual Lowell Culture Fest. We will have food (a professional crepe maker is something new this year!). We will also have tables representing over 12 countries and entertainment including our own Katerina Rallis and her Greek dancing troupe! Second graders will also sing. We could use some staff help in the following areas: 3 people to help supervise the food table and 3 people to supervise the craft tables. If you would like to bring food from your family’s country of origin or host a table, that would also be welcomed! Please click here to sign up or contact Beth or Jo if you can volunteer!
Authors Week is April 14-17
- After school on Wednesday, April 9, please bring student stories to the library to be on display. Colored dots will be coming so you can mark your student stories for easy table organization.
- We will kick off the week with a Skype visit with Dan Gutman for grades 3-5 on April 10 @ 2:30. Amanda will be reviewing a video and composing questions during 3-5 library time so students are prepared to Skpe.
- Aaron Reynolds will visit all grades on April 17. There is a sign up to see presentations on refrigerator in staff center.
Next Staff/Committee Meetings REVISED
Remaining March Staff Meetings
- March 26
April Staff Meetings
- April 9
- April 16
- April 23 (Caffeine & Curriculum)
- Possible: April 30
BLT: Tuesday, March 25 (Agendas & notes)
Wellness Committee: TBD
Instructional Team: Tuesday, April 22
Behavior Task Force: Wednesday, May 14; half-day a.m.
Technology: TBD (Agendas & notes)
Aide monthly meeting: April 24; 8:30-9 a.m.
Link to the Eagle's Nest
New Tech Concerns
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- January 20-March 14- Kane County Cougars reading program
- April: Evacuation drill w/Wheaton Fire Department- surprise!
- April 8: Bus Evacuation Drills
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- April 11: Dental Clinic
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
- April 25: Culture Fest
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 9: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 16: Retirement Party @ 5:30, Cheeseburger in Paradise Downers Grove
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- May 29: PACE open house; 5:30-7 p.m.
- June 9: Discovery Day/Field Day