The Cardinal Bookmark
GHS Library News - October 2022
Flex Time in the Library
Seniors and underclassmen with Opens are always invited to study in the library during Flex Time.
Each day during the week, the library will host a specific Flex Time offering for which any student can sign up to attend. These offerings will provide students with some time to participate in some fun activities, meet other students who have the same interests, and get to know their GHS librarians. Students should sign up in the My Flex Learning app to register for any of these programs.
- Mondays - book club / book discussions
- Tuesdays - board games and puzzles
- Wednesdays - crafts
- Thursdays - Greenwich Library Advisory Club and GHS Library Student Advisory Club
- Fridays - board games and puzzles
Looking for Legos for the Library
- The 100 Most Popular YA Books from the past five years according to GoodReads
- Graphic novels
- Hot new fiction books
- Banned and challenged books for Banned Books Week
- "I don't remember the title but the cover was blue"
- Ghost stories, mysteries, and thrillers for Halloween
Next up is a display featuring the most checked out books by GHS students and faculty over the last five years. Have a great idea for a display this year? Let us know! We welcome suggestions from teachers, students, staff, and student organizations.
Free Avon Theatre Educator Membership
Did you know that the Avon Theatre Film Center in Stamford offers an educator membership free of charge to all Fairfield County full-time K-12 educators? An educator membership provides you with:
- free general admission for regular screenings
- a discount on monthly film series and special events
- the online Avon Film Catalogue to enhance your curriculum
- discounts on group visits for field trip screenings
If you would like an educator membership, please fill out the Educator Membership Application online (at the bottom of the Avon Education webpage), it won't take more than a minute to complete. In the meantime, take a look at what's showing at the Avon over the next week.
Food for Thought
10 Ideas for Building Community: Inspired by lighthearted New York Times features from across sections, these exercises can help students get to know one another in your classroom.
Celebrate Global Media & Information Literacy (MIL) Week October 24 to 31 to help raise awareness of the need for an international effort towards helping all people become informed consumers and creators of information and media.