- Club Deadline: Deadlines begin today for some club participation.
- Author Visit: Thursday, Aug. 30, Kat Falls, author of "Dark Life", a seventh-grade summer reading book, met with students.
- No School: Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 4.
- MAP Testing: Tuesday, Sept. 5, and Wednesday, Sept. 6.
- Curriculum Night: 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, sixth- and seventh-grade parents (Details below.)
- 6th-Grade Music Presentation: 8:00 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13. (Immediately following Curriculum Night)
- Principal's Coffee: Begins at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 26, for families new to DW.
- Picture Day: Thursday, Sept. 28.
- Subscribe to DW Calendar: We encourage you to subscribe to the Daniel Wright calendar so meetings and events can automatically be added to your personal calendar. Copy the calendar url, paste the url in a new window, download the calendar.
Curriculum Night Rescheduled for Grades 6-7
Your involvement and support are key to a successful school year for every student at Daniel Wright. Curriculum Nights offer families the chance to meet our staff and learn about the curricular and rich learning opportunities for our students. This year, Daniel Wright’s Interim Principal Kendra Perri, and Assistant Principals Dr. Nina Nusbaum and Mr. Connor See will kick off Curriculum Night with a short presentation. Please note, attendance at the presentation is optional.
NEW DATES: Grades 6 and 7
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:20 p.m. Principal Presentation
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Meet Classroom Teachers
- 8:00–8:15 p.m. Meet in the White Gym: Presentation for Band, Orchestra & Choir Parents of Sixth-Graders
Teacher Response: As you know, teachers primary responsibility is teaching children. Please allow them 24 hours to respond to your calls or emails.
School Office: If you need to pick up students early or drop them off later in the day, please fill out the Student Sign In/Sign Out Form.
Reporting an Absence: Call 847-604-5280 or email Dw_attendance@d103.org.
Following up on Safety Procedures
The District 103 administrative staff met this week to review the phone call threat and evacuation process that took place at Daniel Wright and ways to improve procedures. Additionally, the district, police and fire departments will meet to further review the process to discuss areas of improvement.
The Lincolnshire Police Department is investigating the call that was received by the school to identify the caller. The department will update the school district on their progress as the investigation unfolds.
For safety concerns you may have, please reach out to the the school or district office. In the event of a possible threat, call the Lincolnshire Police Department’s non-emergency number at 847-883-9900. If there is an actual threat, call 911.
The Power of Play - How Play Can Help Children Learn Lessons for Life
In this virtual presentation, parents will hear from Dr. Rebecca Isbell, an internationally renowned educator & speaker on how play can be utilized to help advance learning for children. We will also be joined by Ms. Ann Hofmeier, principal at Sprague School, who will reflect on how teachers at Sprague use play daily to promote educational concepts in their classrooms.
- Register -> bit.ly/45PdK6e
The next Caudill book discussion takes place 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 3, through the local library. Students may sign up online with the Vernon Area Public Library District. Participants will get a free copy of the book, "Daughter of the Deep," by Rick Riordan.