VCR 6 Presentation
Fill in the Blank
- hupo, "under," "beneath"
- khondros, "cartilage"
Other Parts of Speech
- hypochondriac (n.) - someone who suffers from hypochondria
- hypochondriacal (adj.) - pertaining to or suffering from hypochondria
Synonyms & Antonyms
- hypochondriasis (condition)
- hyperventilation (condition)
- valetudinarian (person)
- neurotic (not very common because it is a bit extreme)
- no direct antonyms
A. Marie, the town's hypochondriac, was known to spray Lysol on her guests as they walked through the door so that in case they were carrying any germs, she would not get sick.
B. The grocery store clerk was fired and called a hypochondriac after she yelled at a coughing customer because she was upset that he would now get her sick as well.
C. The scientist's null hypochondria was proven false once sufficient testing proved that results like hers in repeated trials would only occur 1% of the time.
D. Hypochondriacs all over the city began to get very worried once the local radio station had announced that the city's water supply had been contaminated with dihydrogen monoxide.