November 30, 2015
Can Kids Learn to Read in Playful Ways?
December 4, 2015 Collaborative Day - Support Staff
Lana Nogue will be here to help us understand the Support Staff
Only the following two PUF sessions are available now due to lack of registrations. These sessions are open to all educational assistants, so please see the instructions below if you are interested in attending.
- If interested please contact Christina Kennedy directly to register so that we can ensure the limited availability is not exceeded.
- Registration will close at noon on Thursday, December 3.
SCHOOL - JS McCormick
ROOM # - B105
SESSION - Sensory Strategies for the School and Classroom
PRESENTER - Erica Rose, OT
SCHOOL - Ponoka Elementary
ROOM # - Grade 3-4 Community
SESSION - Social thinking and ASD - Perspectives and Intervention
PRESENTER - Jodilyn Maurice/Barb Hitchcock, SLP
Options for EAs on Friday afternoon:
- Any EAs who have not had at least one session on sensory strategies would benefit by the sensory session. It will help sort out some of the differences between sensory self-regulation vs play time, and offer up some recommendations on what and how to use sensory tools.
- If there are EAs who do not want to attend either of the above sessions, but would like to create PD for a group of staff members, please do so (eg., watch Gordon Neufeld DVDs) to learn more about attachment (to an individual) and affiliation (with a group such as a class).
- If there are individual EAs who want to start working on their PGP goals, that would be fine as well.
- Of course, EAs who do not want to remain for the afternoon have that option as well.
Message from Lana Nogue
People Services and Inclusive Learning have been working to add the Educational Assistant Professional Growth Plan document in Docushare. The document has been divided into a few sections for ease of access and for printing purposes for both Educational Assistants and Administrators.
The following PGP documents have been added to Educational Assistant Employee collections:
1. Roles and Responsibilities
2. EA Rubric
3. EA Professional Growth Plan
If you have anyone who isn't able to find the templates, please let me know.
STAT Pay for November
December 4, 2015 Collab Day - Teachers
PLT Meetings - Work on PGP goals and/or collaborative planning with your PLTs.
Lunch - on your own
Afternoon - Learning Commons
1:00 - 3:00 - Mark McWhinnie and several other staff members from district office will be here to do a presentation.