South High Counseling Center
Contact your child's counselor!
The South High Counseling Center meets with students individually, in small groups and in the classroom to work on academic planning, career planning and personal/social issues. We also provide lessons through homeroom. Make sure to visit the South High Counseling Center website at www.sheboygan.k12.wi.us/south/guidance for lots of great information from the Counseling Center! Also, follow us on Twitter: @SouthCounselors
Take a look at the video below to learn more about our Vision for students at South High School!
What is my student doing for Academic & Career Planning?
Freshmen & Sophomores:
Freshmen and sophomores have been encouraged to further investigate careers of their choice by contacting a Career Coach through INSPIRE Sheboygan County. Career Coaches are local employers who are ready and excited to answer students' questions about their careers. Click here to find out more about how to post a question to a Career Coach Message Board!
Juniors & Seniors:
Juniors and seniors have been encouraged to further investigate careers of their choice by setting up a Job Shadow through INSPIRE Sheboygan County. Information on requesting a job shadow and tips on how to prepare for a job shadow can be found here.
Did you know you can do all these things on Career Cruising??
- Take interest and skill assessments that will link you to careers that fit your strengths
- Research and save careers that interests you
- Learn about salaries, job out look, and education required for certain careers
- Research colleges and universities
- Find out what colleges and universities have the career path or Major that you are interested in
- Build your resume
- Search for scholarships
- Choose your courses for the upcoming school year and plan your 4 years of high school
- Access INSPIRE Sheboygan County where you can talk to local Career Coaches through message boards, arrange job shadows, internships, and much more!
- PARENTS! You can now access the Parent Portal of Career Cruising. Contact your student's counselor for your access code to set up your account so you can stay involved in your student's Academic and Career Planning
South High Career Pathways
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Public Safety (Police & Fire)
Whether your child knows that he or she is interested in a career in one of these fields, or just wants to learn more, participating in our Career Pathways allows students a fantastic opportunity to engage in in-depth career exploration, earn college credit, and connect with local employers in our community. Check out the South High Career Pathway website. To sign up for Blog Announcements from updates from a specific pathway, follow these instructions.