Thank you again for your support!
The Kindergarten Teachers
Things your kinder can do on a rainy day...
1. Take a drawing lesson online
Art for Kids Hub on YouTube is so fun!
2. Download Prodigy app
Fun math game online. They choose an avatar and try to make it through a fantasy land while solving math problems. Choose 1st grade and they may need some help getting started and along the way.
3. Play a board game/card game
Candy Land, Guess Who, Go Fish are all kinder favorites!
***If you don't have any of these games, we are attaching a word document below with the more trickier sight words and you can play games with those! Print off 2 sets and you can play memory!
4. Read a new book
GetEpic and BookBub are great websites to find free online books without having to leave the house. Also, if you have a Rockwall library card you can check books out through their website: www.netldc.overdrive.com
5. Take advantage of some of the companies that are offering their educational websites to parents for FREE while schools are closed. Here are some of our favorites we use in class:
If you would like to share anything else that you and your child like to do, let your child's teacher know and we can add it to this list!
Word Wall Words - we also call these sight words, snap words or trick words (all mean the same thing)
Below the blue paper has all the kinder words (1-45) and then the 1st grade words if your child is ready for them (46-145).
1. Get familiar with SeeSaw and Google Dashboard
2. View the district online learning page https://www.rockwallisd.com/Page/15099
3. Practice healthy habits (like handwashing, etc)
4. Contact your child's teacher about anything you need! We are all here to help in any way.
For the 2020-2021 Hays Parents
*Hamm has sent their information out to parents through the Hamm Newsletter*
JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA...
Here you will find all of the word family lists that are in your child's folder.
We are posting these lists here so you can use them as a reference. We are not requiring you to do any activities with them during this time of online learning.
Thank you so much for you support and help!
SIX FLAGS READING LOGS - we will keep you posted if we hear any changes to this program.
Keep up with the minutes that your child reads at home and log them online. They will be rewarded with a FREE Six Flags ticket in May.