JANUARY 12, 2023
ARMON RECEIVES AWARD
Clinton High School teacher, Sarah Armon has been awarded the VFW Post 1894 National Citizenship Education Teacher Award. Earlier this week, Chet Jones and Cheryl Castilow from the local VFW presented Sarah with this award.
Sarah teaches Government and AP Psychology and is the Girls Tennis Coach. Sarah is making a difference everyday in the lives of our Cardinals. Below is just a portion of her nomination.
"Sarah believes in growing the whole student… and not just a few, but ALL. She works daily to build relationships with students to make a positive impact in their lives. On a daily basis you will see Sarah in the hallways in the mornings and afternoons talking to students, creating relevant, current lesson plans to engage and motivate her students to want to learn what she is teaching, integrating core content knowledge into her lessons, and being a positive female role model for both male and female students."
Congratulations Sarah on this well-deserved honor!
The Clinton School District is excited to join other school districts across the region in celebrating teachers on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
This month, we celebrate and recognize the outstanding work of Henry Elementary School kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Katelyn Pulcini. Katelyn has been an educator for 8 years, 7 of those years here in the Clinton School District. Mrs. Pulcini is great at building positive relationships with both her students and her fellow colleagues. She loves her students as her own, and strives to make sure every student succeeds. Mrs. Pulcini is involved with many Clinton Cardinal activities, and she continues to have a positive impact on all of those around her. Henry Elementary is lucky to have her as part of their family!
"Since I was four years old, I have always wanted to be a teacher. From teaching bears and dolls in the basement, and spending hours of my high school career assisting and learning from other teachers, to finally living my dream of being an educator in my own classroom, I am proud to be a teacher because it gives me a greater sense of purpose and satisfaction. It means that I’m doing the valuable task of shaping little minds and building long-lasting relationships with students and their families. I look forward to coming to school everyday, knowing that I get to see my students' smiling faces and their inquisitive minds. I am also very fortunate to work with teachers that feel more like my family than my coworkers."
We are so glad to have Mrs. Pulcini on our team and we celebrate her and the positive difference she is making in our Cardinals' lives.
BREWING SUCCESS AT CTS
SkillsUSA students are running their own business at Clinton Technical School.
Students recently opened "The Coffee Closet" and serve coffee to fellow students and staff every Monday before class begins. Students are learning great life skills such as taking orders, making change and providing some delicious coffee for their customers in the process!
All money raised will benefit the Clinton SkillsUSA Chapter.
See more pictures here.
STUDENTS CREATE KIND WORDS "R" COOL HOTLINE
Having a bad hair day? Need a laugh? Some encouragement?
Clinton Intermediate School students have just what you need!
Students were tasked with creating encouraging and kind messages to be shared with anyone who might need them. These student-created messages were then recorded and can now be heard by the community!
Simply dial 660-885-6971 to hear some adorable voices giving you the motivation you need! We promise you will leave with a smile!
AN EPIC AND TASTY BATTLE
Cupcake Wars was a smashing success for students in Mrs. Woods' Clinton High School Culinary Arts class.
Prior to Winter Break, students worked with peers to bake creative cupcakes. Judges included teachers: Shasta Hetherington, Crystal Roskop and Wayne Griffin. Students were judged on the following criteria:
- Cupcake Design (design is creative, theme is obvious)
- Neatness (design and frosting)
- Precision (design and piping)
- Taste/Texture (flavor profile and complete presentation)
Congratulations to the following teams:
Taste- Hamburger Cupcakes
Creativity- Snow Globe Cupcakes
Precision- Addams Family Cupcakes
Design - Starbucks Cupcakes
You can view all cupcakes here.
Clinton Schools will not be in session on Monday, January 16, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Looking for something for the kids to do on Monday?
CHS Basketball players will be hosting their "MLK Day of Service Future Cardinals Youth Basketball Camp" at CHS on Monday, January 16th.
There is no need to register. Students are welcome to attend at the following times:
- 1st and 2nd grade-12:30-1:30
- 3rd-5th grade-1:30-3:00
- 6th-8th grade-3:00-4:00
WINTER WEATHER REMINDERS
Cold weather is here, which means it's the perfect time to do a quick refresher on how the district communicates school closures due to inclement weather!
- SOCIAL MEDIA-The first notification you will receive about a school closure will come from our district's social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- TEXT, EMAIL, APP, AND PHONE-This will quickly be followed by a text message, email, app notification and phone call. The successful delivery of this information is dependent upon accurate contact information obtained from school records. If your contact information changes, please let your child's school office know as soon as possible. Only those who have opted-in to receive text messages (text Y to 67587 from the cell number the district has on file for you), or those who have downloaded the district app (search for Clinton School District on your App Store or Google Play) will receive the text message and app notification.
- WEBSITE-This information will also be placed on our district webpage, www.clintoncardinals.org.
- NEWS MEDIA-The cancellation info will also be provided to KDKD and Kansas City news stations.
If you would like to receive text messages regarding transportation-related issues (ie, buses running late, buses being combined, etc.) please complete the form below.
Please be aware this is for transportation-related communication ONLY.
**AFTER PROVIDING YOUR NUMBER ON THE FORM, YOU MUST TEXT Y TO 67587. IF YOU FAIL TO DO THIS, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES.**
The district has the following job openings. You can learn more and apply online at this link:
- PLTW Teacher (CMS, 23-34 school year)
- K-2 Teacher (Henry, 23-24 school year)
- JROTC Senior Army Instructor (CHS, 23-24 school year)
- Music Teacher (Henry/CIS, 23-24 school year)
- Athletic Trainer
- Substitute Teachers
- Speech Language Pathologist (Henry)
- Head Boys Tennis Coach (CHS)
- School Nurse (CIS, 22/23 school year only)
SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR
The district calendar can be found below.
You can find a dedicated website calendar for the district and each building at the links below. You can also subscribe to each calendar to have events uploaded to your personal online calendar.
Clinton Early Childhood Center calendar
Henry Elementary School calendar
Clinton Intermediate School calendar
Clinton Middle School calendar
Clinton High School calendar
Clinton Technical School calendar
Communications and Community Relations Director
660-885-6101 ext. 2209